• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:28:44 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

PSP: weapon graphics in battle

Started by Vir, June 18, 2015, 02:10:15 am

Vir

I've read the tutorial on converting weapons, done several searches, tested with the item palettes page. I see the very same question is pending an answer since 5/28 on the WotL board. So I decided to ask in here.

Can I change the in-battle weapon graphic?

3lric

In battle weapon graphic is in shishi. Near the bottom. Called WEP1 iirc
  • Modding version: PSX

Vir

Ok. Thanks for that information. So I worked on FFT modding a year ago and at that time I downloaded two Shishis, one of which I marked as for PSX, the other better for PSP. This would have been based on research I did at that time; I was able to do my sprite editing this time without that research, so I can't cite.

I see now that the one I marked better for PSP is v.352 and that for PSX is .482. In .482, which I have not been using much since I'm doing PSP, I can find this WEP1 you mention. I can't find WEP1 in the version I think works for PSP yet. Maybe I can use .482 for PSP or maybe I can find WEP1 .352? But either way if I'm not mistaken, I can't assign those images to particular weapons in Shishi?

My present problem is this. I wanted to make the Fallingstar Bag into the Golden Axe, i.e., to convert an item I don't want so much into an item I do want (but can't assign due to the programming of the WOTL items). Following information int the Weapon Conversion tutorial (which I believe is for PSX since it discusses using orgASM), I picked these two items because they use the same formula, and so, I hope, will be functional for Secret Hunt after editing. The converted item is in every respect like the Golden Axe--except that it still looks like a blue and brown bag when swung in combat. I'd like to see the yellow axe in combat, too. Is there a way to make this link between the item images you've helped me find in Shishi and the item in FFTPatcher?

Or do you mean the only solution it to take both tables of weapon images in Graphics Gale and paste a yellow axe on top of the brown and blue bag's square?

3lric

Nope. I was only answering your question about where to find the in battle weapon graphics. Which is the WEP sheet, which can be found in Shishi, near the bottom of the list, after all the monsters. I can't answer the other stuff because the only people who actually make mods and tools here due so for the PSX version. Majority of us wouldn't touch WotL with a ten foot pole.

Vir

Well, thanks for that additional information, too.

3lric

Hope you get it worked out. Wish I had more to offer.