• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:24:14 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

looking for advice and knowlede with patch making

Started by Aiolon, June 18, 2015, 01:10:24 am

Aiolon

June 18, 2015, 01:10:24 am Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:00:55 pm by Aiolon
Hello.
First of all i apologize for any typos or nazi grammar, my main language is not eng and im using virtual keyboard because my laptop board died today -.-
i will try to be direct and explicit with my questions, i don't like to ask for help but nobody is born knowing and while i could try to find out how to do by myself i would break the game for sure so it would be both better and faster to get help from experienced people.

i have the fft patcher suite and i have familiarized with the basic stuff of the tools it has
so yeah i know how to edit items and i made a basic vanilla patch and GOD!!
item edit with the proper description text edit and ENTD all batle edit TOOK FOREVER!!
But there are things my noob brain can't understand and i have been working on my small patch non-stop and thanks to it now i understand why making patches takes so damn long and im doing only basic stuff, im hoping to learn eventing once my vacation starts and that will be in 1 week so i can fully dedicate to that and start making my own story.

but now i would like to settle things before moving to eventing so my questions are the next. i would apreciate if you could write wich tools i need or what i need to do to make it work, im a fast learner but well explained answers are allways apreciated.
NOTE i will use references of patches i have played, after all they are what inspired me to learn moding.

1. formula: 07 Heal_[weapoN] NS NE. im trying to make staves to heal+ add buff on hit but i have noticed buffs will not trigger with this formula because of NS.(no status infliction possible) wich formula could i use to make it work properly? or do i need an ASM?

2. Is it posible to replace equipment items with consumable items? im guessing i need an ASM because as far as i can tell ffpatcher doesnt let me do it and i would like to make a secondary item user job while keeping chemist job intact.
Ej: job Item Mage, skillset: Alchemy  Instead of healing items like chemists it would use buffing and debuffing items but for that i need more item slots, willing to sacrifice katanas.

3.How to add innate abilities to equipment? ej. shoes with innate  move HP up  :v/: this one has been solved

4. which formula do i need to make a shuriken that drains HP on hit? i tried using blood sword formula but it didnt work , guess its because of how shurikens are coded :/ any ideas?

5. is it posible to make generics have special jobs while keeping a generic sprite? i tried by adding a boss-like fight random encounter on ENTD by placing a pro geared holy knight generic but o surprise it was ramza sprite i think its because that job was not compatible with any of the generic sprites so i tried using miluda sprite for female and golagros for male... did not end well (miluda ended as a 10 year old woman and golagros as an abomination lol) :v/: solved

6. how to change ability animations for items? i know its posible for normal skills but items as far as i know cannot be given to work with the animation of an actual skill ej. i can make fire to look like cure but cant make a potion to look like fire after using it. .....its only a vague example. :v/: solved.. kinda

7. would love an ASM to earn 0 gil after a batle.. i want to keep gil exclusive to war trophies.
Eternal sensei care to SHARE?  :v/: solved

thats all the questions i have i will try to answer as soon as posible in advance thanks for answers.

P.S(fk you hardcoded stuff restrictions)

special thanks to
ccp loved jobs(belmont+mystic knight) love you celdia yours was the first patch i played
cop Arcade-like fft... i finished and wanted moar i even went survival like mode xD TY Kokojo
PW: all i have to say is i loved the balanced mix and match equipment feature and i took that idea for my small project ,Eternal you are my sensei
Jot5. AWARD to best storyline and best freaking suspense it took 1 chapter to kill vanilla main story. its been almost 3 year and im still hyped for chapter 2 thinking about doing sorcery to make elric post an update.
thanks xif for your super sexy synt hack and raven for many of the tools and jot5.
and thanks to all of the amazing ffh community for the hacks the help and for not letting fft die.

EDIT: Most of the questions made here are now solved thanks to this awesome people. however some do not have a solution yet mostly stuff related to hardcoded stuff D:
but the answers here did help thanks guys :D
  • Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

3lric

I can't answer most of this, just wanted to say im immune to sorcery :P

Jumza

Likewise, I can't answer a bunch of these. Lemme try some of them though.

3. RAD is a tool that does this (I feel like I might be messing that up with one of the other programs though... I don't like feeling uncertain :P)

5. Yeah, the sprite numbers in ShiShi are the same numbers as the ones in the FFTPatcher, (+1 or -1 though, can't remember which direction either. ugh.), so you can hard set a sprite to be a generic one by matching the numbers up.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

You are indeed confused RAD with ALMA, Jumza. RAD is what he would use for giving more jobs to the job wheel (which does cause some issues, but that can be read up on in the thread for it)

Aiolon

well i got 2 of these answered after watching a load of tutorials but most of the ones related to formulas are just ugh... i didnt expect my questions were about complex stuff lol guess a newbie should not mess with that kind of stuff just yet but i have played patches were people makes things of my questions posible. Celdia weird heal+buff using 07 formula or eternal with his 0 Gil bonus <3
and his innate ability equips >> need them ASMs . as for ability recoulous stuff i just watched a tutorial made by celdia about it and it was enough to illuminate me. and yeah learned how to attach generic sprites to special job but i still find hilarious to have a 10 year old girl kicking your ass while spamming night sword lel.

Kurosabes

I don't know about how to get 0 Gil, but I've messed a bit with the bytes from Xifanie's gil hacks and I'm getting such insignificant amounts of Gil you might as well say it's 0 Gil. I'm no expert hacker though so I can't guarantee anything.

<Patch name="Bonus money per level hack">
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="119ee4">
    </Location>
  </Patch>
  <Patch name="Divide Bonus Money by 4">
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="119ef4">
    </Location>
  </Patch>
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

3lric

The names are off in the ENTD for FFTP. You can't add miluda or the other one you mentioned because they are just generic sprites with a special portrait placed on them via attack.out. similar to the knight in dorter that has a special port. You can invite him with a mediator, but he won't keep that portrait. You actually are selecting the 10 year old girl. When in doubt compare the numbers with the sprites in shishi, as Jumza mentioned, they are off by one.

For the bonus, you should also be able to simply edit this in the ENTD if memory serves me correctly. It's either that or an existing ASM here on the site. Eternal is not an ASMer so whatever he did to do that would've been something preexisting on the site or via FFTP

Innate abilities for weapons is either via ALMA spreadsheet by Pokeytax or its the Weapon Proc Hack by Pride, the latter of which can be found in Ravens Workbooks.

Jumza

Quote from: Elric on June 19, 2015, 02:18:20 am
For the bonus, you should also be able to simply edit this in the ENTD if memory serves me correctly.

I think that's just the bonus gil though. The stuff that appears with your war trophies. Not sure you can directly edit the amount you get from the spinning counter bit that shows up first directly in the FFTP. If you can, let me know :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Aiolon

June 19, 2015, 09:31:59 am #8 Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:37:38 am by Aiolon
Yeah there is no way to change the amounts of gil you get after a fight and this escalates the amounts you get as you progress trough the game. im sure eternal did use a hack for that. Im testing and the gil divided by 2 asm its not that bad i still lack gil and encourage more grinding (wich is 1 of the main purposes of my patch) unfortunately by chapter 3 just like in vanilla gil becomes infinite even if i get 22000 after a random encounter 11000 is still pretty much  but by the time you reach chapter 3 you will have all the gil you need to buy the new equipment. also the mobs i marked to give bonus gil as war trophies appear more often so you rarely lack gil.

final result: i believe using the ASM i mentioned its actually useful for my purpose i mean you still struggle chapter 1 and 2 and propositions still give a juicy amount of gil so i dont think there is a need for 0 gil anymore i will mark that one as solved.

EDIT: just for curiousity i have seen the weapon spritesheet has what it looks like a doll, i never saw something like that in vanilla, is there a way to get acces to it?

3lric

For the love of god. Someone just go on IRC and ask Eternal how he removed the Gil. I'll say it again. He is not an ASMer... anything he did already exists here.

And no, the voodoo doll was never programmed into the game.

Aiolon

xD i said its absolutely fine with the current ASM i have, if i think it twice i would be broke the whole chapter 1 because only main story fights would give gil as non of the mobs i set to give bonus gil as trophies appear in chapter 1 and i really dont feel like modifying the whole ENTD again as i set each monster/generic type to give an specific item or amount of money but im 99% sure when i say eternal did use something if not made by him then by someone else D:

and o programmers and devs always adding unused stuff that would be interesting to see, the doll would fit as the weapon of FFX Lulu character maybe sorcerer class? mmm

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Aiolon

I KNEW IT! err well not that it was you but i was sure he used something for that.

all that i need now is something that can make the 07 formula add a buff,  all of the other heal formulas are totally useless because they are not Weapon related.
mmm i might discard the idea for shurikens no other formula seems to work for them not even adding spell because it never procs. since the purpose is to make a kinda balanced patch didnt want shurikens to do higher damage than its previous tier but to make them work different since i overnerfed Ninja skillset (throw skill was broken, AI Ninjas aparently loved to throw stupidly overpowered rare stuff at you and yes i know you can chose wich weapons can be thrown in fft patcher but i believe having Shuriken and balls are more than enough after all, that 2 sword its not exactly weak)

as for the Item slots i beg for someone to do this D:
i have researched the hacking forums but found nothing (i did find some interesting ASMs 8D)
i would love to have another chemist like class Dx why? (because i always liked potions and stuff since i was a kid)
even if it means to kill Samurai class because i hate the samurais why? (because i watched a movie called 47 Ronin and realized fking Samurais prefer to die with "Honor" and that means killing themselves for a "Noble cause" DERP! they should learn of Gafgarion.
ok that was completely offtopic >>

Xifanie

Honestly, I think you can simply remove the gil bonus instruction from every victory event and it will work, but of course that's tedious.

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Event_Instruction_78
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Aiolon

Tedious and Very time consuming considering the time it took to simply add war trophies to every single fight of the game and it was not for all mobs only some i picked up randomly.
i leave gil as it is right now.
but thanks for the solution Xif also thank you very much for the synthesis shop im in love with it :D