• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:53:18 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Event Compiler Issue.

Started by suekru, June 11, 2015, 11:23:58 pm

suekru

Hey, My friend was able to send me some event's that she edited and I tried to compile them but I get

"Wrong parameter type. "x" expected but "r" found on line 13"

So I checked out line 13 of the event and it was different then the PSX event file so I copied over all of the stuff before the dialog (Cause she only changed dialog) and replaced it and it worked fine.

Normally I'd be problem solved but I have a huge list of events, will I have to do that for all of them? Cause they compiled fine for her so I'm wondering why are they different?

Xifanie

Different versions; the syntax and names of some functions will be different.
The right way to go at it is to compile everything using the old version, then decompile everything using the new version and work from there.

There are many "newly" discovered instructions so it's important to be up to date.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

suekru

Alright I'll do that then. Thank you, but what do you mean by the different versions? I  just got my pc back up and redownloaded everything so do I just have a newer version of the pilers than her?

3lric

Either the events your friend sent you is using a updated Config.ini or you are. The commands are different for the different versions of the Config.ini that comes with the Compiler.

Xifanie made a new Config.ini a while back which can be found on the wiki. This updated the command names, so if you try to compile an old event with the new Config, you will get this error. And vice versa

Xifanie

If it doesn't work and you downloaded the compiler/decompiler this recently, yes your friend has an older version and it is highly recommended to upgrade. The latest version has VERY important updates in terms of functions; it's not the program itself which was updated, just the way the event files are parsed.

So yeah, she needs to compile everything back to her TEST.EVT, then she can either share you that file or share .txt event files decompiled with the newer configuration.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

suekru

Ah Alright. Thank you for clearing that up c: Really helpful.