• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Issues with animation and item customization

Started by Arkatros, June 02, 2015, 11:03:04 pm

Arkatros

Hi to all of you.

I still need your help with some issues that i have with FFTPatcher. I have 2 questions for this thread.

1) In the animation section, i would like to know how to stop the ''casting'' animation and only see the skill animation. For example, i used the Negotiate animation for a talking custom skill, and it is ''Casting'' before the animation starts. Is it because i used a formula using MA?

2) I want to had a %CRIT stats to my weapons (I know i already asked about this but this question is more precise) and i want to know if i can use this slot (look at the attached file) to edit it. I haven't started editing ASM myself so if someone want to create this or has alreayd created this or know how to create this and could just tell me, it would be fine. I know there is 2 ''Unkown'' slot in the upper right, but i have already used them for something else.

Thank you in advance for your help, you wonderful people!!!
''Trust your instinct like you'll trust what's in the mirror.''

Jumza

1) In the animations tab, find a skill that you would like to have a similar kind of casting animation to and copy the numbers on the right to your edited skill (if you want a regular cast, copy something fire or cure, if you want something like a talk skill, copy a talk skill, etc).

2) I can't really answer this one. Sorry!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Arkatros

Quote from: Jumza on June 03, 2015, 12:48:17 am
1) In the animations tab, find a skill that you would like to have a similar kind of casting animation to and copy the numbers on the right to your edited skill (if you want a regular cast, copy something fire or cure, if you want something like a talk skill, copy a talk skill, etc).

2) I can't really answer this one. Sorry!

For the 1)... i did exactly that and it doesn't work at all. I can copy anything but he just still cast everytime...

Jumza

If it really doesn't change anything then it seems like it isn't working much. What animation do you want your character to do?
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Arkatros

Quote from: Jumza on June 03, 2015, 01:47:05 pm
If it really doesn't change anything then it seems like it isn't working much. What animation do you want your character to do?

It's the negotiate animation that i want him to NOT be casting. Same thing for quick.

Jumza