• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:54:25 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Dinosaur's Animations - On Hold.

Started by dinosaur, April 13, 2011, 12:55:54 am

dinosaur

April 13, 2011, 12:55:54 am Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:08:13 am by dinosaur
Hello my FFH Lurvers:

I would like to start my own section for people who are creating patches to request an effect they want to be altered. 
When requesting: please put which animation, color theme and your idea you want the effect to look like.

Sword Skills Edits

Dark Sword - E173

Crush Punch - E165     

Split Punch - E164       

Icewolf Punch - E171     

Lighting Stab - E166

Elements

Wind                 

Water           

Psychic       

Ice

Earth

^has more clouds

Summonless

Draw Out Edits

Heaven's Cloud   

Muramasa - E139

Miscellaneous

Cure 2

MBarrier

All Effects run smoothly, any slow down in the videos are from my computer

Pride

Effect 04C
Effect 04F

Both of them requesting for you to remove the summon monster that appears.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

dinosaur

April 13, 2011, 03:46:50 am #2 Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:51:21 pm by dinosaur
Quote from: Pride on April 13, 2011, 02:21:50 am
Effect 04C

Effect 047 = removal of Silf

Pride

Yessss it looks great without Silf ^_^

Thank you very much.

dinosaur

April 13, 2011, 01:51:05 pm #4 Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:38:09 pm by dinosaur
Quote from: Pride on April 13, 2011, 02:21:50 am
Effect 04F

Effect 079 = Removal of Cyclops

Pride

Again, thank you for these and for doing it so quickly =D

Durbs

April 13, 2011, 10:34:09 pm #6 Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:25:02 pm by Durbs
Hmm... could you edit some swordskills? Specifically:
-Night Sword without the 'eye' (or better yet straight to the sword part)
-Blue-paletted crush punch
-Slightly faster version of hellcry punch

On second thought, could you try making some completely new swordskills? I would love to add some variety beyond the current ones.

Mando

The hell cry punch would remain the same speed things are hard coded so that a specific bin file executes in a in a fashion. The edits are purely cosmetic and will only alter color/looks.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

dinosaur

April 14, 2011, 10:15:34 pm #8 Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:19:47 pm by dinosaur
Quote from: Durbs on April 13, 2011, 10:34:09 pm
Hmm... could you edit some swordskills? Specifically:
-Night Sword without the 'eye' (or better yet straight to the sword part)
-Blue-paletted crush punch
-Slightly faster version of hellcry punch

On second thought, could you try making some completely new swordskills? I would love to add some variety beyond the current ones.

UGH! Durbs! Are you making a patch? I am only taking request from people who are making a patch because I know they will use them. If you are making a patch, and know which swordskills specifically you wanted altered then you may request them.

Since I had free time I started on your first request.

E173 = Remove 'eye' on Night Sword

Celdia

I like it better without the eye. I always thought that thing detracted from the sword aspect of the effect so much that it didn't really fit in anyways.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Durbs

Quote from: dinosaur on April 14, 2011, 10:15:34 pm
UGH! Durbs! Are you making a patch? I am only taking request from people who are making a patch because I know they will use them.

I'm not necesarily making a new patch (I'm basically modifiying 1.3 with my own persnal preferences for my own entertainment), but that certainly doesn't mean I'm not going to use it.

Mando

Ok Dino I actually have a request because I failed at it. See if you can make any of the 2 ice breaths = wind breath, a fire breath =earth breath, and a thunder breath without the lightning = dark breath.

It's weird and tricky mine came out all f'd up. I am not trying go pass it off onto you, maybe I am just not having luck with it :/

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

dinosaur

April 17, 2011, 10:55:19 pm #12 Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:57:24 pm by dinosaur
E165 = Crush Punch color change to blue

Pickle Girl Fanboy

This is really cool.  I'd request something, but I'm not gonna use it, so I won't waste your time.

dinosaur

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on April 18, 2011, 11:10:10 am
This is really cool.  I'd request something, but I'm not gonna use it, so I won't waste your time.

Well, please request anyways. I am not busy with any other requests :p so I have time to 'freelance'

What would you like?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

April 18, 2011, 01:38:03 pm #15 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:34:34 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
4 effects, all derived from night sword.
1 with only the eye opening and closing.
1 with only the sword pop-up.
1 with only the other part.  The screen darkening and the dark mist.
1 with only the other part, but with a "Holy" themed palette, probably from Holy or one of the Cures.

And are you making the effects files available?

Do we have good animations for Aero, Water, Quake, and their -ara and -aga aspects?  How about a shorter holy and dark holy, like maybe flare with Holy and Dark Holy palettes?

Celdia

April 18, 2011, 02:32:48 pm #16 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:43:55 pm by Celdia
Hey dino: Mando left me a message saying you two couldn't work out an edit on the bracelet/breath skills. I took a quick shot at it and Ice Breath ended up looking like this.

I was trying for green. :/

Edit: Take two, Success!!!

dinosaur

April 19, 2011, 02:28:09 am #17 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:14:07 am by dinosaur
 E173_1

E173_2

E173_3

E173_4

Sorry Day Sword kind of sucks. I cannot eliminate the red flash. My favorite is the only eye night sword.

Celdia

Maybe dry a yellow palette instead of blue for a Day Sword? Might go better with the forced red flash.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I can't see the second video, do you have a link to it?

I'm surprised you can't eliminate screen darkening.  I don't remember, but do all the swordskills do that?