• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:24:32 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] I'll re-make FFT Plus from scratch

Started by Dome, June 17, 2012, 04:46:18 pm

Joseph Strife

Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Neophyte Ronin

Why not devise an original translation instead?  One that corrects the foibles of the first without becoming pretentious like the second?

Dome

Quote from: Neophyte Ronin on June 24, 2012, 01:16:44 am
Why not devise an original translation instead?  One that corrects the foibles of the first without becoming pretentious like the second?

I FREAKING LOVE your idea
Would like to help us with it?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Neophyte Ronin

If I knew how, we're talking.

I can learn, though.  Do we need to perform something utterly esoteric or do I just take note of the special characters while I'm typing things up?

RavenOfRazgriz

There's actually an alternate English Translation on GameFAQs that Eternal248 originally used for Parted Ways back when it was called FFT: Newtype.  You could ask for permission to use that and save yourselves a lot of pain.

Neophyte Ronin

June 25, 2012, 05:15:30 am #25 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:03:50 am by Neophyte Ronin
I'm gonna look through it first.  Dome should too, if he has time, before we go along with it.  Also, I dislike the notion of using a translation that someone else has already used.  We might try something different.  Then again, this is a fan translation of the original Japanese, representing four years of work before War of the Lions debuted, which means it probably exudes greater faith than either of the official translations.

...After some perusal, I can see the potential, although we'll have to make sure we can fit the characters.  I do like where it's going, though it might need trimming here and there.