• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:29:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Question on this hack

Started by Jubei1986, September 04, 2011, 09:33:35 am

Jubei1986

(per FF Masters Hacks)

Wall status does nothing and AI attacks units with wall status.

0x124AE2
change 40 to 00
0x137F56
change 80 to 00

This makes the status itself blank, but allows the CT to be used elsewhere, or you can code your own status effect if you really wanted to.

SO, my question is, if i Implement this hack, could I essentially use it as a provoke type of skill where AI is forced to attack one unit if it has wall active? Or am I understanding it wrong? And will the AI still attack other units in range or focus solely on this unit?

Celdia

I think it just removes the Vanilla defaults which is the AI ignores units with Wall status, much like the AI ignores units with Death Sentence status. Applying the hack makes Wall into a sort of non-status. Enemies will attack the unit normally and its default effect (which I think is preventing all damage) is removed as well. It effectively makes a new, blank status effect that you can then modify to do what you like.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Jubei1986

oh i see. Thank you Celdia  :). So any idea on how to make a provoke like skill? im really trying to make a awesome paladin with a provoke skill!

Celdia

I don't know enough about how the statuses work to make something like that but if a status can be flagged to make AI ignore it I suppose its possible someone could magic up a way to make them attack someone with a specific status. You might go ask some of the ASM crew.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

Use a Perservering skill of some kind, the AI will generally prioritize trying to midcharge over everything else and the skill itself can be a self-heal or something to compensate for that.

Jubei1986

so basically what your saying is, make a self -cure spell with a moderate charging time so the AI will be more likely to attack that unit on that turn?

usckitty

0x137F56
change 80 to 00

I'm guessing this is the one that prevents the AI from ignoring units with Wall status?

Xifanie

??? AI always considered the wall status because that status makes you invincible... well more precisely:
All status, magical and physical attacks are nulled. You can only receive damage from traps and HP Cost backfire in abilities.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful