• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:19:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

N*Min(999,MaxHP), rot or reanimate w/o skipped turns

Started by y22bc, March 05, 2014, 01:06:50 am

y22bc

Hi,

Can I get explanations on the followings?
1) 1/8*Min(999,MaxHP)
2) change % hp formulas to use min(999,maxhp)
3) Units rot or reanimate without skipped turns

Thanks

savantopus

yes i would also like the answers to these questions please :) especially number 3 :) or a point in a direction where we can find out? thank you

actually just number 3. dont waste ur time on the other two. thank u.
  • Modding version: PSX
Every word man speaks is a plagiarism.

Choto

apparently min(x,y) means the lesser value of the two values. I think this is for capping %hp attacks on ??? stats monsters (since their stats are super inflated beyond the 999 cap).

Ironically, I have no clue what 3) does...

Eternal

If a character is immune to Crystal or Treasure, when its timer turns to 0, if a unit would turn into the thing it's immune to, it'll skip the turn, remaining at 0 until the RNG picks the status the fallen unit is not immune to. That ASM just cuts that out and makes the unit rot with no skipped turn.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

savantopus

Thank you for the responses. So if I make the character immune to crystal and treasure then their body will never rot? So they become sort of 'immortal'?

Would this be different from selecting the 'immortal' box in the ENTD?
Every word man speaks is a plagiarism.

Jumza

The only difference is that you still see the counter reach 0, then after the unit's next turn it goes back to 3, rather than seeing those floating stars above their head when they die.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.