• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:37:55 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Assign abilities to Mime class ?

Started by Holy Knight Wiegraf, August 30, 2017, 06:00:31 pm

Holy Knight Wiegraf

hi everyone !

i edited the mime Job Class and everything looked good until I noticed that i cannot assign or remove abilities.
How exactly can I change this ?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

You can't. The mime job doesn't have assigned "learned" ability flags.
Just about the only thing you can do is use Choto's Mime Redesign hack which allows Mimes to temporarily learn abilities in battle (if another party member uses it, IIRC).
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Holy Knight Wiegraf

thx Xifanie.

I will change the Class back to its standard and give the job tree a new structure then.
Thx 4 your help

:D

Nyzer

I know I was able to make the Onion Knight in WotL get three abilities by setting its skillset or job type to Monster. Never tried it with the Mime, though, and it was still somewhat buggy (you could use all the abilities before Learning them, for example).

That... might be an option. Not sure I'd recommend it, but I thought it might be worth mentioning anyway.