• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:13:30 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Fixing Sprite mistake (Cloud ac)

Started by reversebustersword, August 02, 2015, 10:33:54 am

reversebustersword

The  Cloud (Advent Children) sprite http://ffhacktics.com/sprites.php  right arm is not attached to its body during walking animation. Is there a way to fix this? 

3lric

User error... He's a TYPE 1 sprite, and you have him running as TYPE 2. Change the SHP/SEQ to TYPE 1 on both for him.
  • Modding version: PSX

reversebustersword

Changing it to TYPE 1 didn't change anything. It still staying in TYPE 2 animation in the game. I also tried all the other SHP/SEQ options and nothing changed still. Do I have to pick different flags maybe? Flags 3 and 6 are checked right now.

3lric

Then you aren't using the right ISO. For that sprite he needs both SHP AND SEQ changed to TYPE 1.  They won't display TYPE 2 animations once you do that. That is the main difference with TYPE 2, because they have a wider body (usually robes) their arms are a bit further out.

If you look at the flags you will see people use 3 and 6. Don't change that.

reversebustersword

August 02, 2015, 08:17:01 pm #4 Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:48:40 pm by reversebustersword
I'm using Final Fantasy Tactics The War Of The Lions (Europe) PSP ISO. What ISO is the one I should use?

I think I figured out the problem. I was using a male geomancer as Cloud. And they're naturally type 2 bodies. So that's why changing types didn't change anything.

Thanks for all your help Elric  :cool:

Nyzer

You need to change the type and then reimport the sprite. Just changing it in the dropdown and then going about your business doesn't do it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Nyzer

August 03, 2015, 12:53:39 am #7 Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:07:30 am by nyzer
Never worked that way for me. I wondered if that was just another one of those "haha PSP version sucks to edit" issues but the same thing seems to happen with the PSX version? I opened my Jot5, exported Ramza, and checked the difference with his animation by setting the dropbox to Type 2 - no change. Importing while still in Type 2 caused his arms to levitate to the side.

And then changing the menu back to Type 1 didn't fix his arms, either - like the first change, it took a reimport:

I'm not sure if the changes would be there in the game after using the dropdown menu even if Shishi doesn't show it, but I'm too lazy to check at this time of night. :P

3lric

Well I can tell you I've changed types on a lot and the sprites were never reimported to my master iso :P

Jumza

That's very strange nyzer, mine is the same as Elric's, ShiShi updates the sprite automatically with the options I selected. What version are you using? Maybe it's outdated.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Nyzer

It says it's 482 in the properties - "File version 1.0.0.482", and I'm pretty sure I just grabbed it from the .482 Patcher Suite at http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/FFTPatcher_Suite.

Something I'm noticing this morning is that the changed Type will appear properly if I look at the Frames, but not the Animation, unless I reimport.

3lric

Even that being the case, it shouldn't have any effect in game. That's a bug with Shishi

Nyzer

Interestingly I can't seem to change Ramza's type at all, even when I use a different sprite and Shishi shows the floating arms on the new one. But I know I was getting the floating arm issue in-game when it came to importing Red Mage sprites over Arithmetician...