• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:52:24 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Event Decompiler & Event Compiler

Started by Xifanie, June 07, 2008, 08:45:42 pm

Kenshin72

So decompiled and change one thing and went to compile to test it quick. But this pops up when I start the compile process. Then I took a brand new test.evt and decompiled and then went to compile it to make sure I didn't make a bad mistake with my first attempt but the error still pops up.

Xifanie

delete event.txt. It contains old instruction and that's why it doesn't compile.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kenshin72

I deleted the 13kb event.txt but now it says File Not Found whenever I start the compile.

Xifanie

yeah, create your own event.txt or link to an event file by editing CONFIG.INI.
Don't forget to decompile with Multi=1 in CONFIG.INI to have 1 event per file.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Kenshin72

O. That explains it. Thanks.

EDIT: I set the multi to 1 and it makes a PSX Events folder with a bunch of EVT txt files. What do I do with these once I edit them?

Aquilae

There's this weird error I come across while trying to use the Event Compiler. It didn't work in default Windows 7 settings (not surprising), but when I run it in Windows XP SP2 settings, it has an error. TEST.EVT and event.txt are in the same folder as the compiler, btw.

One on the left is when I try to run it with default settings, one on the right is when I use XP compatibility mode.

Here are my config.ini settings if you need them, I think they are the default settings though.
[Settings]

TESTEVT='TEST.EVT'
TEXTFILE='event.txt'
Offset='00004000'
MultiCompile=0
PSP=0
Rip=1
DisplayText=1
RawText=1
Popup=1
Multi=0
DisplayOffsets=0
OpenChar={
CloseChar=}
PreText=''
Help=1
:gay:

Xifanie

Try writing the absolute paths in config.ini

TESTEVT='C:\users\desktop\Event Editor\TEST.EVT'
TEXTFILE='C:\users\desktop\Event Editor\event.txt'

Aquilae

I got "I/O error 123" after I changed those to absolute paths.
:gay:

Zetaro

February 03, 2011, 08:52:44 pm #108 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:55:01 pm by Zetaro
i need help the compiler says "instruction data was written from 0x00004000 to 0x000048f8. Text data was written from 0x000048f9 to 0x000057af." please help im new to this event stuff, i'd really like to make my own event but i digress, please assist me with my problem.  
:mrgreen:  :cry:  :)  :(
Everyone will know the name Zetaro!

Eternal

I'm pretty sure that means it worked correctly. Test the event and see if the new event loads correctly.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zetaro

how do i do that?.....sorry im new to this kinda thing. try to bear with me.

Eternal

Just reimport test.evt and go to the event that you replaced in-game. :)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Zetaro

thanks man. it works, but how can i edit other events?

Eternal

Somewhere Philsov has a collection of dummy-free events that you can freely edit for easy use. You might want to PM him and get those.