• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Terra Branford

Started by Smash, January 16, 2010, 10:46:26 pm

Jon

Celes or Locke? Do all of them :) Very nice work btw.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Knox

My god that Edgar is absolutely gorgeous, infinite respect for you Smash!!! You are truly gifted! And im not saying it to suck up, i really mean it :D
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

Xifanie

Gifted? that's very insulting. Smash has the skills he has because of all the time and effort he invested in it.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Knox

Well sorry, I meant well!

I was just trying to compliment him, its very amazing :D
~Auranhiem

Kaijyuu

Ah, a complaint:

I always, always hated how FF5 only showed 1 leg when the character is standing in the battle screen (FF4 too, I just noticed). It is NOT a direct profile and looks horrible, I think.

Give them both their legs back.

Lijj

How do you like my Hacktics Version of Terra? I've only been able to work on her for 2-3 hours and I have almost 4 of the most difficult seeming frames. I'm drawing over the bit-map of a female Monk. I don't know if it's going to work. But i'm trying to stay close to the proportions alreadt laid-out.
I love this character she's always been one of my favorites.

Kagebunji

Hair is really good, I will give you that. Rest isn't that good, well if you are aiming for some uber seductive sprite, then body is perfect, but I doubt Terra was that naked :P Change the body immediately, I would advise using Dissidia Terra as a reference, she looked really good there....and not so nude xD

I forgot to mention, post the pics in .png format, jpgs ruin quality.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

The hair looks nice, but could it realistically be in that position? It's a decent sprite overall, but I feel like it wouldn't work out in-game.

jimmyjw88

Aaarrgghhh!!!! My eyes!!!!*

*I meant the colour. Do what they say.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

It's not the true color this is just a picture of the screen. The Pallette is a much less saturated 16-colors. I think she'll work! I've done my share of traditional animation + I'm just drawing over one that does work. My only concern with the way it's going to play in-game is, I'm not sure how How the Separate arms work with the shoulders. I think it'll be fine though. Here is a PNG of the progress yet...

Kagebunji

I have small question, what base were you using? Her face on forward side-view looks too big, eyes are too far away from each other, and USE MORE SHADES ON FACE!! :P. Legs on walking frames look kinda funny too, arm looks strange on back side-view, change that. I think Female ninja would be great base, she has nice legs that would fit for Terra, think this through dood.

Lijj

Thank You! And thank you for the advice. I realized I only have 3 skin shade rather than 4. But I had to use some red to stay true to the original Terra.
I should look into using the girl ninja!

I was about to test this. I've only almost finished the first set of arms. I'm using the girl monk for the main template and a combination of references for the arms.

Are all the arm motions the same for the characters?

Oh yeah I made her eyes further apart and so on to make her look like the FF6 version. Because I had to reduce colors to 16 and the red + lavender in the original are too much.

Lijj

Getting so close. The Sprite is usable anduphttp://ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=405&p=108048#p108048
Any feedback would be appropriate here. Wouldn't want to start  another Terra Branford post.

Kagebunji

Sorry, but that portrait is completely off, whole execution is bad. As to sprite, seriously now, give her more clothes, she is too nude, try the Dissidia version of her. I'm not saying yours is bad, it is just that it is not fitting for Terra

Edit: lookey at this Terra portrait

Lijj

That's a beautiful attachment. I know I can't do one that good. You're right! I have to re-do the portrait. :cry:  Maybe in another version.  But thanks for the constructive critique and evidence of how bad my portrait was. I want it to be up to standard!

I finished a bmp and lost it by taking it into Palette Editor so now I have to re-do it a 3rd time. :cry:

RolyTunedIn

your second portrait looks better than the first one. but the shoulders looks really wide. theres something wrong with her hair that makes it hard for me to concentrate on it, maybe a little pillow shaded... as for the sprite... the shades for the skin don't work out together, you got two shades of brown and 1 shade of peach? the hair for the sprite also looks a little bit messy and the shape of her face seems chunky. but this is going in the right direction :D...

Kagebunji

Like Roly said. Plus, Fix her face dammit! Trying to do some unique face design will always end in horrible disaster(like Asmo said to me today), so fix it into FFT style face right away. Colors of hair aren't good, better is green you had earlier jus make it darker, borrow some green from Izlude. As Roly said, the skin tones do not work, and also the shading do not works, you have to rework shading of skin a bit, especially on legs and one of her arm(our left). As to port, rework her shoulders, they are too wide like Roly said, and remeber to change her hair color to green, yours look more like yellow-green, try to use the color from the port I posted. Also, I forgot to mention, how far are you on palette? Any colors left? Cause the black you are using is looking like outline, you should either change it with some dark shade of fitting color, or just think of something else, outlines do not belong in FFT sprites.

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

http://ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=405&start=180
Fixed the colors and re-did the portrait. Is this any better?
In the sprite; The head is 1 pixel wider so she looks just like the SNES version. I will make another for the forum in exact tactics dimensions. But this is my personal taste for my own playing, she looks fine in play; she stands out a bit... I wouldn't say it's a disaster, all the animations work.

Kyousukeee

Third portrait looks better but you could use more shades for the eyebrows , it looks plain compared to the rest of the image . The shoulders are still wide and the 'boobs' are in the wrong place , it's too close to the collarbone .
That's your taste and it's alright but we'd love to see a more FFT-ish work , as it is it won't blend with the rest of the characters in the game at all . . .