• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:07:56 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Help with Paper Mario Hi Res Textures

Started by Barren, September 06, 2011, 12:56:45 pm

Barren

I was messing around with the 1964 emulator all morning on how to play Paper Mario with Hi Res Textures, and I'm confused on how to do it

If anyone can help me, that would be great, thank you
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

JBab

Paper Marios FTW?!?!!

You just want the game to run in High Resolution? for that to occur im not 100% on this but most old games like that require image revamping, IE new graphics for the actual game or it will just be super pixelated...

i myself have tried to run Nintendo 64 Games on a higher resolution but it always seems to get more blurry

Flan Dance!

RandMuadDib

Yeah you have to find someone who created highres textures and download them, then use a special plugin that loads the hi res textures instead of the ones on the rom
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

GeneralStrife

JBab

Yeah tried playing 64 on a 60 in LED (Worst idea Ever) Starfox 64 looked horrible..... but yeah its bc its not made for Larger High Res Screens, it would need to be Resized and Rasterized to look smooth

Flan Dance!

Barren

tried it on a new emulator project 64 v 1.6 and i got the  Mudlord's RiceVideo Build 6.1.4 plugin to make it work and it does work but after the cut scene where peach's castle is getting lifted by boswer's castle to the sky the screen went black :/

anyone have any idea why?

JBab

if the game just randomly Cuts like that it could be that the plugin isnt complete i would believe? or could be a possible Graphics Bug which i myself have seen plenty of times, but again i cant be 100% sure

Flan Dance!

Barren

myabe i just need to find a different emulator perhaps??

JBab

More than likely from my experiences different emulators work better with certain computers and certain games

Framerate tends to be a big problem with graphic malfunctions aswell

Flan Dance!