• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:10:51 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Monster-only equip

Started by Dome, January 30, 2009, 06:11:06 pm

Dome

January 30, 2009, 06:11:06 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Hi guys, i'm back again with a stupid idea xD
It is possible to create some monster-only item?
Nothing to boost the hp (or maybe only a bit) but something to improve the usability of them on the battlefield (maybe a +1 move or some elemental protection)
In fact, because they cannot equip anything, they have 2 handicap:
Low-number ability and no immunity to elements-status.
I think that some LITTLE help could be truly usefull to them...poor monsters xD

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Zozma

January 31, 2009, 02:48:11 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i tried to make it so monsters could equip accessories. it just cant be done.
their gender might be the issue, i think it hides/disables the item and its effects. and it would be odd to have monsters scream like humans too...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Dome

January 31, 2009, 02:58:37 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Zozma"i tried to make it so monsters could equip accessories. it just cant be done.
their gender might be the issue, i think it hides/disables the item and its effects. and it would be odd to have monsters scream like humans too...
That's bad xD
But, maybe a goblin could scream like a human...they are the most similar to the human race...
It's impossible to edit the sound in general?
We could put a generic scream instead of the horribly ones that are in the game xD

Zozma

January 31, 2009, 02:59:55 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
you gotta get someone to asm that stuff.

if you make a goblin a male or female gender you should be able to equip stuff. but im not sure if its status will develope the same?

dont make him equip weapons tho humanoid monsters don't have arms for any of the weapon using animations.

Dome

January 31, 2009, 03:04:42 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Zozma"you gotta get someone to asm that stuff.

if you make a goblin a male or female gender you should be able to equip stuff. but im not sure if its status will develope the same?

dont make him equip weapons tho humanoid monsters don't have arms for any of the weapon using animations.
Yes i already know, i tryed and it became a pretty green thing (like a square or something xD), also i tryed to make him mount a chocobo xD
But maybe only with one accessory is fine...just to boost the movement or the evasion (a cocatoris with a feather cloack may be a little more bit usable xD)

SentinalBlade

January 31, 2009, 03:29:24 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
You can force them to have it in the ENTD if you are okay with enemy only, or, upon recruitment, the monster being stuck with the accessory. Since you cant even access the equip screen ot remove it.

Also, wouldnt find a generic scream and inserting it into the iso over the top of all 3 scream sound files work? lol, its pretty easy to insert stuff bigger than the origonal file size into the iso...though it is extremely time consuming :(

Dome

January 31, 2009, 04:26:53 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"You can force them to have it in the ENTD if you are okay with enemy only, or, upon recruitment, the monster being stuck with the accessory. Since you cant even access the equip screen ot remove it.

Also, wouldnt find a generic scream and inserting it into the iso over the top of all 3 scream sound files work? lol, its pretty easy to insert stuff bigger than the origonal file size into the iso...though it is extremely time consuming :(
Yeah, i can edit the ENTD...so i can create a monster with equip xD
I already see a blue goblin with a ribbon on her, called the goblin queen xD
But, if i put a shield, it will bug if the monster block a hit with it?
Do they have a shield animation?
P.s: what parameter i must edit to give them more hp? im not very skilled in editing...

Zozma

January 31, 2009, 04:49:29 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
they might, the only monster types that COULD potentially look glitch free with weapons and shields are goblins, squids, and skeletons

it would simply require adding in all the missing frames to the sprites.

that would be pretty sweet tho to have any of those types using that stuff.

also, i had originally planned on making a "Choco Plume" accessory strictly for boco. but because of the inconsistency of where u could see it and where it was hidden i dummied the item.

Dome

January 31, 2009, 06:27:50 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Nice, they could became human-like xD
We should put them some more skill or maybe the "item" and "attack" command and they finaly become usefull xD
PS: tell me more about the chocobo-only item, i'm curious xD

Zozma

January 31, 2009, 06:40:04 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
it was a special item for boco. not that i couldn't just make him have any stats i want, but it was also worth quite a bit of gil and the only way to get it off of him is to let him treasure. gil is harder to get in my patch but i wouldn't consider it worth sacrificing boco for because hes quite a useful chocobo, like a chemist with some black magic.

anyway the item icon looked like a golden phoenix down feather. and gave a +1 bonus to PA, MA, and SP and gave a few status immunities.
i had also thought about making it the "materia blade" item which Choco Downfeathers would require in order to use the skill. the only catch is
there's no way to protect it from being broken so if he loses that then he would lose the ability to revive dead members.

but anyway i scrapped it because i want him to seem like any other monster
not screaming like a human lol.

Dome

January 31, 2009, 06:55:32 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Zozma"it was a special item for boco. not that i couldn't just make him have any stats i want, but it was also worth quite a bit of gil and the only way to get it off of him is to let him treasure. gil is harder to get in my patch but i wouldn't consider it worth sacrificing boco for because hes quite a useful chocobo, like a chemist with some black magic.

anyway the item icon looked like a golden phoenix down feather. and gave a +1 bonus to PA, MA, and SP and gave a few status immunities.
i had also thought about making it the "materia blade" item which Choco Downfeathers would require in order to use the skill. the only catch is
there's no way to protect it from being broken so if he loses that then he would lose the ability to revive dead members.

but anyway i scrapped it because i want him to seem like any other monster
not screaming like a human lol.
Chocobo human-screaming xD
Boco is more usefull in remix then...that would be fun to give him items xD
Can u give him innate manteinance to avoid it being broken-stolen xD