• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:59:41 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS - SPECIAL POWER RANGERS EDITION.

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, February 11, 2011, 01:50:15 am

Eternal

For the record, the voice acting is purposely bad for the Prism Rangers.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Twinees

The palette seems too dark and the pants colour jumps from light to dark instantly.
The gloves and boots are only using 3 of the 5 whites, why?
The front view and diagonal views belts have completely opposite shading.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Quote from: twinees on February 11, 2011, 09:53:26 pm
The palette seems too dark and the pants colour jumps from light to dark instantly.
The gloves and boots are only using 3 of the 5 whites, why?
The front view and diagonal views belts have completely opposite shading.

Because it's almost unnecessary to go through and recolor all of the arms if you want to shade the arms go for it. just let me finish what I'm doing first. I'll put it into the drop box when I'm happier with the complete sheet. The boots are actually using more than 3. and it makes sense since the white of the gloves and boots is lighter than the silvery color of the face. So the dark shades are for the face. I can easily adjust the palette in seconds so no problem there.

RavenOfRazgriz

Palettes being easy to adjust is why I try to worry less about what the colors actually are until it's almost ready to be submitted or used.  The first time I looked at it I was far more concerned with the actual design and detailing that the colors and was rather happy with it.  The only detail that really seems to be missing are the glove/boot diamonds like you mentioned before but the pixels would get so muddled trying to add that would only likely cause it to look worse.  If someone wants to try and get a good looking version of it with diamonds on the extremities, they're free too, but I'm more than happy with it without that bit since I'm too afraid of how they could end up compromising the overall quality.

I can't wait to see the portrait for this, heh.  Will you be using the character's face for the portrait or the helmet?  Both would be interesting but seeing a fucking Power Ranger Helmet in the portrait box would be so fucking boss.

Lijj

Old versus new clean up.. Almost done with walking frames. I forgot to fix the visor on the side view, but I'll get it next time.

RavenOfRazgriz

Side view, the whites from the body and shoulder also blend together so it kinda looks like a piece of armor when it shouldn't.  Try to break that up a bit if you can, since you've handled that white-red-white contrast rather well on the other four angles.  New red is much better despite my love of dark reds because those aren't exactly fitting of the Red Ranger.  I like that visor fix as well.

This is coming along great so far personally, Lijj.  If this whole thing flops and that Red Ranger ends up being the only one complete, I'll probably end up using him as an easter egg in my other patch because it's just jaw-dropping how awesome it is to see him as an FFT Sprite.

Kagebunji

Good luck with actuall editing of Chocobo sheet. I remember someone told me he made behemoths ridable though, was it you Raven?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

I think there's some ASM out there that makes any monster rideable. Rideable Goblin, anyone?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

Most suitable for this task is Dragon. Big, four legs, not so much problems to edit unlike Chocobo. Why Goblins though....
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RavenOfRazgriz

February 12, 2011, 04:25:03 pm #31 Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:25:56 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Yes it was, Kage.  It's very easy to make any sum of monsters you want mountable with a small amount of sprite relocation and some hex edits, and it'll look moderately believable.

However, there is a far more show-accurate plan for Zords in the works.  The more Zords I'm able to acquire, the more elaborate and awesome this plan will turn out, but know that this aspect of the game has already been planned out pretty thoroughly in terms of concept and basic implementation due to how key it is.

(For those wondering, to make whichever monsters you please mountable, relocate spritesheets so that they come directly after Chocobo [so that for example, your monsters are ordered Chocobo-Behemoth-Dragon-Panther-Tiamat-everything else], open up Razele's All Monsters are Mountable hack, and change x30 to the hex equivalent of the sum monsters you wish to have become mountable.  In the above example, you would edit x30 to x0E, because we were trying to make 15 total monster classes mountable [5 base breeds, 3 sub-classes per breed, 5 * 3 is 15] and 0E is the hex equivalent of 15.)

Lijj

Raven you have my word, I'll at least finish the Rangers.
Actually, I thought last night of a funny addition. A fight with the left out and  bitter Purple Ranger of the Stegosaurus; really high defense. He was simply excluded by Zoran at the last minute due to technical difficulties in the zords and became aware of this missed chance via the enemies or something clever. Maybe he's another student they might even know.

I neglected the side view I see exactly what you mean; it'll be fixed in the next round.

RavenOfRazgriz

That's kind of what my idea for trying to get the Prism Rangers in was going to be, actually.

I have this really obscurely weird plan that involves mauling canonical Ivalice with some "DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SCIENCE?!", resulting in many amazing boss battles.

Lijj

ah . I saw that disgaea parody; how funny. Alright
Oh for the portrait I'll definitely want to do them helmeted. if we could have more colors it'd be neat to do some half and half effect but that wouldn't look good unless we could double the palette.

RavenOfRazgriz

Half and half would look kinda bleh regardless, honestly, unless you did some ridiculous effect that'd probably take over 2 palettes to make look nice.

Helmet is more than pimptastic.

RavenOfRazgriz

Posting so Lijj sees this.

There is one detail I do need to be picky on with the Ranger sprites if I may.  The Spell Charging animation, can you make it Ramza's one-handed style instead of the usual two-handed style?   This would make it perfect for a Zord-calling animation in addition to an animation fitting for charging something a Power Ranger would typically toss out since they're not directly casting spells unless they're from that one season with magic morpher cell phones.

And if you can, could I get Portraits of Zordon and Alpha 5?  I can load up the Dropbox with sources for them if needed.  It's non-essential, but it'd be a nice touch to be able to display their portraits if they talk to the Rangers over the communicators.  Very low priority though compared to basically everything else.

Lijj

Yeah I can probably do those two ports as well. Here's what I got for the day:
_

_
I need to edit the glove a tiny bit on the front singing a bit; but this was what I hope the singing frames can look like. Go Go can go if it's too much ;)

RavenOfRazgriz

February 15, 2011, 03:26:06 am #38 Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 03:30:04 am by RavenOfRazgriz
...The head bobbing makes me think of Elvis for some reason.  That's fucking glorious.  I assume he'll have a left arm on his back singing animation in game though! :p  

E:  Oh, that IS his left arm.  I'm just retarded, pay no mind.  The shoulder just looks a bit odd, probably needs more red pixels.  That means what he technically needs is a right arm then, looks kinda odd as is even though I have that faux paus straightened out now.

I'm half and half on the "Go Go" bit, but it is making me laugh so fucking hard right now, like you couldn't possibly know.

Lijj