• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Suggestion Box

Started by Zozma, February 07, 2009, 06:11:27 pm

Goomba

February 08, 2009, 12:18:14 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
And make him a rapper too!

"I know you ain't tryin' to step to me with that cow lick.
Abandoned by your family, everyone knows you're just a trick.
A washed up fool like you can't beat me, hoe.
And if you try, you'll end up trampled by my Chocobo!"

Begin battle.

Yeah, and you could call him Chocobo Billy, AKA C to the B as a homage to FF7. His bird could be tricked out in bling blong with metal feet and use the flying steel giant animation when he activates his rocket boosters.

Yeah, it'd be perfect for the Chocobo, which we'll call little Bo, to have a revival technique and some kind of special skill set. So that once you dismount CB, the real battle is only beginning. Maybe CB could have some sort of zombie move and Little Bo could follow up with his healing ability, which would totally disable that unit, like what Seymour from FFX or Queklain uses.

Yeah, it'd be the perfect fusion of mount and rider. A duel against the ultimate team. The Chocobo rider would need a sprite that has a pimp hat with a chocobo tail feather in it for it to be perfect. Kinda like the FF1 Redmage, except cooler.

BloodyBlade

February 08, 2009, 12:19:34 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BloodyBlade
Not bad Goomba. Got a lil freestyle in ya.

Srekciv

February 08, 2009, 08:33:46 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Srekciv
Make Miluda a more prominent character? Your sprite of her is awesome. Instead of being killed have her taken as a prisoner of the Hokuten? Lose an eye to you in battle? Something that pisses off Wiegraf. Hating you for having his sister imprisoned?

Maybe even have her join your team after seeing what the holy stone does to her brother?

[Edit: I wrote this before I read the story discussion thread xP]

Zozma

February 08, 2009, 11:28:25 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
speaking of lose an eye during battle or whatnot, well Miluda has a unique sword skillset and you do have the chance to recruit her.

but i have plans for Golgaros to have survived the ft Zeakden incident, but his portrait will have to be given some scars and i think i want a vertical slash down one of his eyes or something like that. then gotta make him like wearing a scarf cause hes trying to act all sophisticated and whatnot.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Celdia

February 09, 2009, 04:25:20 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Celdia
Reposting from a thread I started in 1.3. It really doesn't fit as a suggestion for 1.3 but maybe it could be used for Remix.

Quote from: "Celdia"
Quote from: "Voldemort"the Reflect spell wears when the target dies

The only thing that retains Reflect when the user dies is Reflect Ring

Made me think of an idea but I have a feeling the code isn't capable of handling it. Regardless, I'll share: What about an ability that lets you put gear on an opponent, opposite of the Steal ability. Example: use it to put a Reflect Ring on a dead target. I really can't think of another example where it would be even remotely useful (are there any items that add a debuff of some sort which could be exploited?) but it was a thought, and I don't have many of those. ^.^

Quote from: "philsov"Cursed ring is the only thing that comes to mind.  Or, well, reflect mail.

Other oddballs include the faith rod or speed equipment to alter CT/AT.

As of right now I don't think it's too worthwhile to implement, at least not without a series of items which in fact do debuff, primarily for use with this new skillset.

Quote from: "Celdia"Just how much of the game's core can be edited? Rather, could items be created that would serve the purpose of this skill? I know items can be removed from the inventory to be consumed by an action (Ninja's Throw).

(Warning - The following is rambling consciousness and not coherent writing)

Making a combination of consuming items via Throw and taking gear via Steal make an "Exchange" ability that works per class of equipment (Helm, Armor, Shield, Acc., etc) that has you select an item from a list in your inventory and you put that item on your opponent while at the same time Stealing the gear they're wearing. Have it do a double check though, first for Steal and if the Steal succeeds then for the Forced Equip of the item you selected. If a target has no item in that slot then the Steal is considered an automatic success and it moves directly to the Force Equip half of the function. Perhaps this could just be an extended part of the Thief skill set.

(Goes back and edits a bit)

...could something like *that* be done?

EDIT: Maybe I should go drop this in the FFT Remix forum?

Quote from: "philsov"I'm pretty sure it's possible, at least with some ASM hacks.  Though, yeah, this sort of thing is beyond the scope of 1.3.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Zozma

February 09, 2009, 05:25:52 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
im sure its possible with ASM hacks, afterall razele made a hack that lets you buy your broken gear back at the fur shop. Would it be worth it? im not quite sure... it would require  a bit of hacking too i bet.

Celdia

February 09, 2009, 05:34:18 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Celdia
Like I said, it was just a thought. I can't be useful for coding and spriting but I can at least pretend to be part of this think tank by contributing ideas. ^.^
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

BloodyBlade

February 14, 2009, 01:07:32 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BloodyBlade
Think you can change the name of Ignis abilities? Keep the Sword Spirit name but the skills like Bizen Boat or Murasame...

Shade

February 14, 2009, 01:13:23 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Do you think that Zozma could turn sword spirit skill PA type instead of MA.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

BloodyBlade

February 14, 2009, 01:14:52 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BloodyBlade
If Zozma do that, then he better BUFF Ignis PA growth! 8)

Zozma

February 14, 2009, 01:37:51 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
they could be made to do PA, and of course the character who has the skills would be made to accommodate such a thing. Would that be preferred?

Also, what would i name these skills? I know that "bizen boat" was renamed to Osafune in the psp version but thats just the name of the swordmaker right?

If you think of good names for the "spirits" themselves perhaps ill do it

Shade

February 14, 2009, 01:39:43 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Not sure because in the video it seemed to me that she deals more damage by by just hitting with sword. so use stasis sword formula like then it would be doing ton of damage.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

BloodyBlade

February 14, 2009, 01:41:36 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BloodyBlade
Oh when she tried to melee Alicia... Heh yea but she had Innate 2 hands...

Zozma

February 14, 2009, 01:45:02 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
that job does innate 2 hands, but would you prefer her as a PA based? if so then i guess i could give her armor too. plus it would further separate the normal draw outs from this.

Shade

February 14, 2009, 01:51:31 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
I thought Elmedor and Igris were only ones that had draw outs???
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Zozma

February 14, 2009, 01:55:11 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
they are the only ones with Sword Spirit

which is the swordless versions of draw out.

BloodyBlade

February 14, 2009, 01:55:21 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BloodyBlade
Elmdor and Ignis have Sword Spirit skills... Different from DrawOut...

I agree to the PA changing. Make it PA based... That way, I wont have to rely on wearing robes.

Zozma

February 14, 2009, 01:56:10 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hehe, well looks like shell be able to equip that big armor afterall

Smitson

March 08, 2009, 09:04:48 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
We need a black guy in this game ASAP. Seriously. :wink:

LastingDawn

March 08, 2009, 09:06:42 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Berserker, Barret, Olan, and Bolmna not enough for you?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!