• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:31:20 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Appreciation =)

Started by SentinalBlade, April 01, 2009, 12:02:01 am

SentinalBlade

April 01, 2009, 12:02:01 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Beawulfx gets credit for me posting this thread

When i first started SoR, i really didnt think it would get far. AT ALL. i figured maybe a few people would take interest. and a few did. probably about 5. But there were appearntly enough people playing from the shadows that i got my forum nearly 9 months ago(though i had to do a forum wipe at one point). There have been rough spots. update halts. glitchy gameplay... This patch had it all, and at times i often felt like not enough people cared to play it. Due to 1.3 getting a forum section shortly before i did, And to this day there are tones of people who frequent the 1.3 forum, but dont know what Symbols of Rage is. But i kept muddling through, mainly thanks to Voldemort telling me to quit bitching and work harder.

After about 2 months, the first Alpha was released, and then my computer caught fire, and not enough interest was generated into the new direction.

For the Third time, i started nearly all the way over(from a point, i did have quite a bit done to revert to).

What you see on the forums this day, is the culmination of months of work. nearly 5!!! whole months have been shoved into me learning how to ASM and balance semi-properly(to my tastes. nothing is OP unless it needs to be, but alot needs to be). There have even been times in the past 5 months i wanted to quit. Beta Testers stop responding and started posting in 1.3 tons, and it made my patch feel less...up to par... So i worked harder.

Even when no one gave me praise or reassurance that this patch would be something incredible.

Occasionally though, i got a good compliment, even 1 or 2 from Asmo, and that gave me a bit of hope, in all angles.

Point is, I never thought so many people would enjoy it, or even post in the forums. no matter how long you kept posting, each compliment kept me full of inspiration, and i wanted to thank each and every one of you who have helped me realize what im doing is worth it to at least someone.

A special thanks goes to Prinygod, Boomkick, and Skip Sandwhich, for pre-alpha testing each patch, and continually giving me good ideas.

Boomkick, Priny, if your still out there lurking, i thank you humbly for the helpful criticism you have given me.

To Long;Didnt Read

I LOVE YOU GUYS. thanks for all the support you have given, and the continued inspiration to keep up the work.[/size]

FFMaster

April 01, 2009, 12:19:27 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Don't quit (thats the vibe I'm getting from reading through). I am horrible with ideas, but good at game testing/balancing. Once you release a new version I WILL stop 1.3 and play SoR (and give bug/balance feedback of course!). I'm right now really bored of 1.3, and from the little amount of SoR I have played, it feels like a new game.

I am probably going to play through with the current version anyway, and once you release the new version (whenever that will be, I will wait, so don't rush), I'll make a full playthrough recording.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

SentinalBlade

April 01, 2009, 12:21:02 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I plan to continue this the entire way through. Re-storying the damn thing may take a year, but its something i plan to completly finish.

recordings are great, make sure to use commentary though :P

FFMaster

April 01, 2009, 12:22:56 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
I will try to get a mic sometime, but no promises. A few people have been pushing me to get a mic for a while now.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

SentinalBlade

April 01, 2009, 12:29:38 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
You will buy a mic. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

beawulfx

April 01, 2009, 12:36:41 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Haha, great thread. I'm glad that support is appreciated, seems obvious, but it's still nice to see somebody who is that gracious. I hope everybody on the forums knows about SoR. I had followed the forum while my main focus was 1.3, and then I went through that and always had a note to myself to check this out next. When I finally did I couldn't believe how drastically different everything felt while also feeling like FFT too.

I am extremely excited about SoR, FFT Remix and Mercenaries, and some of the patches being brewed on the "New Projects" forum. It's perfect for a relatively lazy and hack-illiterate fellow like myself to just look around at all the work you guys do and all the fun it will provide. I hope you and everybody has support from the community here because the work you do is the key.

Arch and company have pretty much perfect 1.3 and it stands as a kick ass hack of a kick ass game, but I don't doubt that if guys like you, Zozma, LD, etc, maintain the work and progress on their patches that they could surpass 1.3 in terms of pure fun/novelty, as they completely reshape our favourite game into something brand spankin new. But with the same charm and joy of the FFT setting.

Anyway, rambling. It just bums me out a little to think that anyone doing something awesome like this would feel they don't have support or people who are excited about what they are doing and have done! Glad you still have the passion for SoR.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

Smitson

April 01, 2009, 01:22:53 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
I've been supporting this the whole two months i've been here 8).