• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Team Design Tool

Started by Gaignun, December 20, 2011, 11:42:12 pm

Gaignun

December 20, 2011, 11:42:12 pm Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:28:52 am by Gaignun
Greetings,

I would like to share a spreadsheet I wrote to assist the team design process.  The spreadsheet streamlines calculations I make when putting a team together, such as damage output, success rate of support skills between party members, and so on.

Information is taken directly from the FFT Arena master's guide, so any errors in that guide will be reproduced in this spreadsheet. 

Let me know of the errors you spot (that are not consistent with the master's guide) or any changes you'd like to see.  The spreadsheet uses some formatting rules that are not compatible with versions of Microsoft Excel earlier than 2007.

Current version: 1.09
Compatible with FFT Arena v1.42a
Required software: Microsoft Excel 2007 or later

• Damage formula for Houkouton is not implemented.

• The Weapon spreadsheet might display incorrect maximum achievable PA/MA when accounting for elemental strengthening.

• Meteor Rod's spell proc is not displayed in the Weapon spreadsheet.

• Two Hands and Two Swords XA modifiers might not be properly implemented.

Changelog
Released 28 November 2017
  • Brought spreadsheet up to date with FFT Arena 1.42a

• Redesigned attack information on the Unit worksheets

Released 25 September 2017
  • Brought spreadsheet up to date with FFT Arena 1.42

• Fixed calculations involving the Overwhelm modifier in the Affinity and Simulation spreadsheets

Released 30 June 2017
  • Fixed a few whoopsies.

Released 29 June 2017

• Brought spreadsheet up to date with FFT Arena 1.41a

• Fixed a few careless errors that slipped through the last revision (e.g., Zorlin Shape not providing +1 Move and Male Samurai not having 4 base Move).

Released 20 March 2017

• Brought spreadsheet up to date with FFT Arena 1.41

Released 19 August 2016

• Brought spreadsheet up to date with FFT Arena 1.40a

• Improved the Weapon worksheet

• Removed skill descriptions from the Unit worksheets

Released 3 August 2015

• Brought spreadsheet up to date with FFT Arena 1.39c

• Added "Weapon" sheet.  This sheet simulates weapon damage over the range of achievable PA or MA.

Released 3 October 2012

• Brought spreadsheet up to date with FFT Arena 1.38d

Released 6 September 2012

• Brought spreadsheet up to date with FFT Arena 1.38

• Added skill descriptions in the "Unit" worksheets

• Made a few minor cosmetic changes

Released 13 April 2012

• Corrected female Geomancer's move stat

• Made Punch Art, Kagesougi, and Grand Cross dependent on Brave

Released 28 December 2011
  • Implemented "Simulation" worksheet

• "Skills" worksheet renamed as "Affinity"

• Implemented Two Hands support skill

• Implemented calculation of magic gun damage

• Diamond Helmet's effect is now properly written as "Init: Float, Reraise"

• Fixed a few minor bugs

FFMaster

Just started messing with this, and it looks really cool and useful. Everyone should check this spreadsheet out.

Is there a way to make it check for any target Brave/Faith? What about enemy Supports and Statii like Protect/Defense Up?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Gaignun

At the moment, it only considers fellow team members' brave, faith, support skills, and status.  It's possible to obtain data for every scenario, but it must be done by configuring two separate Unit worksheets, which is a little cumbersome.  I suppose I could create a "battle simulation" worksheet in the next version for in-depth skill analysis.

Eternal

Wow, very nice. Going to check this out now!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

FFMaster

Alright, thanks for that.

Forgot to sticky the topic, so I just did it now.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Dol

This is quite excellent.  Playing around with expected damage output of builds has been quite entertaining.

Barren

December 22, 2011, 05:21:21 pm #6 Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:12:16 pm by Barren
Very nice! This looks incredibly useful, though quick tweak you should make, diamond helmet has initial reraise and float

And in the dancer class PA save is read as 40 JP not 400
You dare cross blades with me?

Gaignun

Thanks for pointing those out.  Their correct properties will appear in the next version. 

Gaignun

Gaignun

Version 1.01 is released.  I can't manage to embed lists in spoilers for some reason.  I must be going crazy.

Shintroy

Just to make sure it's just my inexperience with Excel, EVERYTHING I need to make a tream is in this tool?
If not I'm basicaly just copy pasting everything from the guide?
Some day my people will be free.

Gaignun

I'm not sure what you mean by copy-pasting, but yeah, it presents you with all the choices you need to make when designing a team.  Rainbow Staff doesn't work properly, as I am too lazy to code its functionality, but everything else should be true to form.

Gaignun

Version 1.02 is released.  I don't have time to perform in-depth troubleshooting, so there are bound to be a few bugs in light of all the changes 1.38 brought.

Gaignun

Version 1.03 is released.

Taichii

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

reinoe

January 19, 2013, 07:01:40 pm #15 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:41:42 pm by reinoe
In the FFT Arena master Guide it says that Coral Sword is water elemental AND strengthens water.  In the TEAM DESIGN TOOL I'm trying to equip the Coral Sword and there's no indication that Water is strengthened.  Nobody probably noticed because Coral Sword is so underwhelming.

EDIT: FIXED KEY PHRASE and placed in bold.
My dreams can come true!

Reks

Quote from: reinoe on January 19, 2013, 07:01:40 pm
In the FFT Arena master Guide it says that Coral Sword is water elemental AND strengthens water.  In the master guide I'm trying to equip the Coral Sword and there's no indication that Water is strengthened.  Nobody probably noticed because Coral Sword is so underwhelming.

The Coral Sword does strengthen Water, though. If it's selected in the memcard generator, an S appears under water, which means it's strengthened.

It IS, at first glance, underwhelming. But that's compared to the others, as it has it's uses.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Mudvayne

Anyone know why I can't open this?
I've been into watching arena videos for a while and want to finally make a team but I'm unable to open the file.
Is it because I'm running excel 2013? Shouldn't make a difference I wouldn't think.

Gaignun

That's odd.  I don't think it would make a difference either.  What error message is it giving you?

Mudvayne

I can't copy/pasta the message but this is basically what it's telling me:

Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space.
To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need.
To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk you are saving to.

Now obviously the disk space error is not my problem as my hard drive has over 800 gb of free space left on it AND this is the only excel file I have downloaded on my computer. I use it very in-frequently for school but that's saved on my external hd, which is 1 tb (same as my computer HD).
Even when I save the file on there and attempt to open it I get the same message,
I also don't have any other excel files open etc etc so I'm not sure why I'd get this error as between my laptop hd and my external hd I have ~1.6 TB free space so that's obviously not the issue...