• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:12:39 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Arena Beta 139c

Started by FFMaster, August 04, 2010, 06:11:37 pm

formerdeathcorps

November 15, 2011, 09:15:24 pm #100 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:23:06 pm by formerdeathcorps
Making all sticks not 2Hable makes no sense when spears can use 2H.  Why can't we just do the following?

9 WP Ivory Rod (2H, +2 MA)
10 WP Whale Whisker (2H, Water Element)
11 WP Octagon Rod (+25% Frog)
12 WP Gokuu Rod (+100% Innocent)
14 WP Iron Fan

If you're afraid of damage, most mages can take some reduction to MA.  Recall that effective physical PA max is 12 on dancer because monks effectively have 11 since they can't innately use hats.  Mages have 13 base MA, and after looking at it, Raven and I think we should lower it some.  Here's my set of MA numbers (for females):

Scholar = Bard = 12 MA
Wizard = Summoner = Samurai = 11 MA
Priest = Oracle = 10 MA
Time Mage = Chemist = Mediator = 9 MA
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

RavenOfRazgriz

Because that'd make sense and this patch makes none.

Duh.

(But really, having no Two Handable Sticks is kind of dumb.  For real.  Time for the official FIRMLY GRASP YOUR STICKS complaint thread?)

Vigilanti

Just noticed that the guide on the female paladin's HP in inaccurate....its suppose to be 173 base HP not 144

doriantoki

Reflect Ring is giving me an error in the spreadsheet, but Heretic's Ring still works.  Anyone else getting this error?

Barren

Just change the heretic's ring to reflect ring in the text tab of the spreadsheet. It should work just fine
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

doriantoki

Yes, I've done that.  Just bringing it to attention.

FFMaster

December 13, 2011, 10:31:20 pm #106 Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:57:38 pm by FFMaster
Version Beta 137 released. Expect the tables to be updated within the next hour.

EDIT: Tables updated.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

Minor error I saw under the poles section of the weapons table in the master's guide. The Ivory Rod and Whale Whisker were labeled as two swords, not two hands.

FFMaster

DomieV

Just checked the master's guide, the spreadsheet said that preach and solution costs 100 while the guide said 200. Just letting you know FFMaster

FFMaster

Alright, updated the master guide.

Pierce

December 16, 2011, 01:50:33 am #111 Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:00:46 am by Pierce
Would it be possible for a section to be made in each ability section to mention whether each skill is modified by AttackUp/MagicAttackUp/MartialArts? The reason I ask is that a recent post in the Stats/Abilities thread made me realize that some of these things aren't documented. For example, some people may not know whether or not Martial Arts modifies PunchArt commands, as it isn't documented anywhere.

Also, the same goes for Brave and Faith. The Faith-dependant skills are all labeled, but the Brave ones aren't. For example, DrawOut doesn't mention if it's Brave or Faith or neither, which may be confusing for people unfamiliar with Arena.

If no one wants to do it, I have no problem doing it myself.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

FFMaster

Well, I'm not too sure. The only thing affected by Fury is the Attack command. Anything affected by Faith should be properly labelled. As for Attack Up, Magic Attack Up and Martial Arts, I can agree there. FDC plans to make toggles for those effects, and I plan to use it in Arena eventually. But for now, as a general rule, any formula that has PA in it uses Attack Up and Martial Arts. Any formula that uses MA uses Magic Attack Up.

Gaignun

Would Secret Fist be modified by Magic Attack Up, then?  The battle mechanics guide has it as a physical attack in spite of its formula's use of MA.

Barren

I think that Magic Attack UP doesn't stack higher odds for secret fist chances or talk skill chances, ect...at least I don't think so

FFMaster

They should increase the chance by MA/3. And I'm pretty sure Secret Fist is M-EV. BMG does have a few minor things wrong in it.

Gaignun

Naluhodo.

Concerning version 1.37b, I'm noticing a few discrepancies in the master's guide:

• Death's formula is MA+50 in the master's guide, but during testing, I'm back-calculating MA+45.  My parameters were

Caster: 10 MA, 60 Faith
    Target: 70 Faith
    Compatibility: Good

which showed a success rate 60% in battle. With MA+50, I expect a success rate of (10 + 50) + [10/8] + [50/8] = 67 before Faith, and 66 after Faith.  The square brackets denote integer division.

By the way, Death is showing a 50% loss of max HP in battle.  It still adds Dead status, so it's only a cosmetic error,  mind you.

• Similarly, Life Drain's formula is 2*MA+70 in the master's guide, but I'm back calculating MA+70.  I have not tested Spell Absorb, so I cannot confirm if the multiplier in its formula should likewise be dropped.

• Raise 2's formula is MA+70 in the master's guide, but I'm back calculating MA+85.

• Offensive Punch Art skills are being modified by caster and target Fury.  (This was confirmed for Wave Fist and Earth Slash.)  Is this intentional?

I'll list more discrepancies as I find them.

FFMaster

Death doing 50% is because I changed the Y by accident. Currently 45 X, should be 50.

Life Drain and Spell Absorb are incorrect on the Master Guide.

Raise 2 current X is 85, should be 70.

Seems like Fury was added at a spot where all physical formulae go through. Not intentional, but not too huge.

Barren

If I can make one request about the shuriken ability, I do miss the old shuriken animation where the AI actually throws the shuriken. It can still proc poison, i'm fine with that.

Zalbagg

Hmmm I tried clicking the download but it just loads forever and nothing pops up. Help?
"The name Beoulve befits brave men who raise their swords in justice's name."
    --Zalbaag Beoulve