• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:36:38 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Convert TYPE 1 to TYPE 2

Started by Krainz, May 13, 2014, 07:56:04 pm

Krainz

Hi, I've searched and found nothing...

How do you convert a TYPE 1 sprite to be TYPE 2?

I want to use http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8812.msg173800#msg173800 Xeldoran's Time Mage but he says to change to type 1...

Xifanie

You don't, it might be doable, but you don't change the type of a sprite; you can the type of a slot.
In Shishi, whichever slot you import the sprite in, you will see SHP and SEQ at the bottom with a type. Change both to TYPE1 and you're done.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Krainz

May 13, 2014, 08:18:35 pm #2 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:38:35 pm by Krainz
Thank you!

Valkirst

I have a question to this affect. When using the most recent Shishi up for download on the site, I am unable to save it when I change one Type to another. Is there a way to ensure that the Type remains changed or am I the only one with this issue?
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Xifanie

Are you patching WotL? If so I don't know the solution. For PSX just change it and it's immediately saved; if not, grab a newer version.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Valkirst

It is for WotL, everything else does save automatically, wondering why this doesn't.... Anyway I want to use the Dante Demon Type 2 into the Dark Knight Male which is a Type 1, I guess... thank you for responding though. Does anyone else know what one can do to make sure the Type changes and remains saved?
Completed Sprites

Angel

I'm not sure if anyone ever knew there were problems with WotL in Shishi, simply due to the fact that, well, none of us mod WotL. I can only suggest trying different versions of Shishi to see if maybe it worked correctly in the past and was broken more recently.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Valkirst

I guess that means that I would have to do this manually then? Just set them up side by side perhaps? Or is there an inherent difference for which it cannot be accounted?
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Little update, figured it out last night. After trying a few things I went ahead and decided to change the sprites using some other characters that would better fit what I wanted. I accidentally left the Female DK as I had originally intended with the Type changed and when I restarted it and saw she was there, I noticed that it had saved! SO I went and tried others until they all started working! it turns out that I just had to keep restarting Shishi, so First the Female Dark Knight saved and then the Male Dark Knight, I tried for Luso and Balthier but to no affect. So yeah.... Moral of the story? Be stupid stubborn sometimes, because it just might work??
Completed Sprites