• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:13:35 pm

PSP FFT WotL change base job.

Started by TheGravity, May 06, 2014, 03:39:07 am

TheGravity

Does anyone have an idea on how to modify the base job of a generic character on PSP FFT WotL?
I've looked around a bit, but have not been able to locate any proper way to do this.
I do have access to the CWCheat options if a code is available.

Thank you in advance.

Angel

• Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

TheGravity

I mean not permanently for ALL generic characters. As with code 3005xx74 00## would allow me to change one generic character with a specific number index. This would make that generic character whatever special character I would like him to be. But with the same name,  current stats, and level.

Angel

Then modifying RAM by hand is the only way. You cannot just change a generic job selectively by unit ID; the game's programming does not allow for this. Another option would be rewriting a ton of ENTDs to free up space and use the duplicate sprites of Malak, Mustadio, Agrias, etc to create new characters, and have them join you at whatever story point, but they will not be generics in this instance; they would have a persistent sprite like Ramza, Mustadio, etc when changing jobs.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

TheGravity

Alright, well thank you for the information. I appreciate the timely response.