• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:03:09 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Huge text glitch need some help if you can

Started by black_knightj, April 23, 2014, 01:35:45 pm

black_knightj

Hi I've been a lurker on and off for a year and been able to make some fun mini alterations with the wonderful tools on this site.  I have finally tried a large patch and most things are working but I have a terrible text glitch, if anyone can look over what I've done and tell me where I screwed up that'd be super helpful.  Thank you in advance to anyone who has the time to help  :)

Celdia

While the files you attached can be helpful, posting some screenshots of the glitch will give us a much better idea of what to look for. Failing that, being descriptive of the error beyond "terrible text glitch" would be much more helpful. No one is going to sift through all the data in those files with no idea what they're looking for. Chances are high that we'll recognize the error on sight of a screenshot of it in action.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

black_knightj

April 23, 2014, 11:50:14 pm #2 Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:09:36 am by black_knightj
Thank you very much sorry I didn't even think of that here are three pictures describing the types of errors

Xifanie

That's an emulator/video plugin glitch. Try changing your video plugin to something else. I'm not knowledgeable about that stuff, so someone else can likely give you suggestions. I'm just an old woman who uses plain old pSX (it's an emulator that doesn't require plugin configuration).
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Celdia

If you're running ePSXe, try the settings and plugins listed over here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.0

It's a competent tutorial that should get things looking right if the plugin settings are the problem.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

black_knightj

Well after messing around for about an hour I have found settings that are working and I'm very excited to say that.  Thank you very much