• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:30:23 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Somewhat new to FFT, Best patch?

Started by Othoric, April 21, 2014, 05:23:06 pm

Othoric

I played FFT many years ago and was looking to play it once more, I noticed many interesting patches for it and I would seriously like to try one with some newer/different content instead of playing the old vanilla FFT. Which would be the one to start with?

Dome

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!
Each patch has it's own perks, it's hard to suggest one over another...

However, if you want something COMPLETELY different from Vanilla, Call of Power and Journey of the Five are your best bet

P.s: I think this might be the wrong section for posting your question...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Othoric

Yeah in retrospect this was probably not the best place to post my question. Anyways, I wasn't looking for something completely different like those you mentioned, just one that adds additional jobs and other various content not in the original PSX version. But nothing that changes the storyline. Something more like 1.3 easy type or FF+ I'm guessing. "Plus" looks very cool by the way, nice job!

Dome

Well, I think you already know which patch I suggest you to play, right? XD

Thank you for the kind words :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

3lric

Moved. Now its in the right place.

Welcome to FFH!
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

If what you want is new jobs and gameplay to tinker with, Celdia's Complete Patch is hard to beat. 2.0 was never finished, but is in a playable state. The original patch is finished and playable and praised by many. It's not super difficult, though perhaps a bit harder than vanilla if you're not paying attention, and a huge load of fun to play around with. Just be warned that it is only playable in an emulator due to the hacks in use.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?