• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:04:50 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Anyone know how to make weapons?

Started by CherryBlossom, April 17, 2014, 07:52:41 pm

CherryBlossom

I'm trying to make a new gun for my War of the Lions, but I don't have a clue of how to get started? Is there a tutorial for making new weapons & etc... If so, please let me know.

Lockeadon

for starters you SHOULD be able to set an unused weapon slot (it will have wp and weapon evasion shown rather than health and magic (armor) or evasions (accessories and shields) for war of the lions to a gun category and pick what sprite and stats and whatnot you want it to have as well as what damage formula you want it to use and so on in patcher, then change the same item's various text (make sure its the right one) in tactext, including the name. then test it and see if it works. as to adding entirely new weapon graphics and etc, i don't know, graphics isn't my strong point

CherryBlossom

I get this error every time I try to edit text:

Anyway to get around it?

Jumza

Save your changes as a TacText file, close the program, open your file then patch... I think. It's been so long since I last helped someone with this :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.