• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:18:39 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT patcher possibilities ?

Started by RpGamer, April 19, 2014, 08:27:24 am

RpGamer

Hi guys !

I'am new here, didn't know they were community of my favorite game !  ;)

So, i've been reading all kind of stuff about the fft patcher and all the tools to modify FFT . But ! I don't understand yet what are all the possibilities .

So , i will just ask ! ;)

Is it possible to change the battle system ? For exemple : Create a skill that allowed you to do team attack (same as team attack in Chrono triggers)

Can i modify skills ? Changing the skill "two hands" into "three hands" (zoro  :mrgreen: )

Can i use sketchup to create maps ?

Angel

Without being literal about it, no, huh?, and no.

Team attacks would require an awful lot of ASM hacks, just the same as anything else gameplay-changing would require. So while it is possible to accomplish, it would be a lot of work rewriting the game's code by hand, and not through a well-developed tool with a GUI.

Three Hands? If you mean upping the damage boost granted to the Two Hands ability, then it is possible without great effort - including renaming the skill - but in general, you'd mostly still need to stay within the pre-defined parameters of other skills, or browse the ASM hacks already made (of which there are many) to modify existing skills and formulas.

The only map editing tool as of yet is Ganesha, which isn't the most friendly bit of software to use (in my own opinion, of course). In my attempts at using it, I've succeeded in corrupting existing maps to where they cannot be used any longer. That said, other people have had much more success with it than I, and made perfectly usable maps with custom textures. So, while it is possible to edit or create your own maps, it is not currently possible to do so through Sketchup, as there is no file convertor available.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

RpGamer

Oh really ? no team attack ? Sad  :(

I said two hands ability but i mean two swords , the ability that allowed you to have 2 swords and hit 2 times . I wanted to change it to wear 3 swords and hit 3 times .

Angel

That would be much more involved. I'm not sure how the routine functions as is, but even if it were just a simple line to add to the ability, it would be an awful lot more to create another equipment slot. Not impossible, just not easy by any stretch.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

RpGamer

okay !

thank you for your answers !  :)

Angel

No problem. And don't let any of the above discourage you; truly, anything is possible with the time and willingness to make it happen. Not to mention there's an awful lot of impressive things that CAN be done readily - look at Journey of the Five as a prime example.