• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:57:58 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Downloading Custom Sprites.

Started by TheGravity, April 17, 2014, 05:12:10 am

TheGravity

Hello. I am Gravity, and over the years my love for Final Fantasy Tactics hasn't dwindled the slightest. As such, I have used this website for many things. As of now I am wanting to use some of the Custom Sprites provided through the Download section. Unfortunately I am unable to locate the Download link. When I view the page I have a complete list of the Sprites, but the only link options are: [BMP][SPR]. As one provides me with a larger image of said sprite, while the other provides some text I am unable to decipher. I apologize for my ignorance in this matter. But, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Choto

Welcome :)

If you click on the [BMP] it'll download the sprite. For some reason when I then double-click the file none of my programs open it.. which is wierd. But if I open it in photoshop it opens just fine.

In any case, after downloading it, open up ShiShiSprite editor - load an iso - click on import BMP and import the file you downloaded. It should show up in ShiShi over whatever sprite was in that slot no problem.

If that doesn't work, try the same method with an [SPR] file but use import SPR instead of import BMP. 

P.S. Thanks for keeping us all grounded! ahhhhhh science joke

Xifanie

Moving this to help.

Right click, save link as... should do the trick.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

TheGravity

Thank you for your replies. Well, I was able to Save Target as.. And download the file as a BMP. When trying to same way for SPR it only allows me to save as an HTML. Another question as well, the current ShiShi Sprite Editor I have only allows me to open files that are SPR or SPR2, its not allowing me to open an ISO. Is there a different version?

Choto

ehhh... Check the "File" menu, is there no "open ISO" option?

TheGravity

There is not. I have located under File: Open, Save, Save as, Import, Export, and Exit. When using open, located next to where I would search for a file name there is a drop down that allows me to choose which type of file I can open. The options are only *.SPR or *.SP2.

Choto

Ya that can't be the most recent version... there should be "open Iso". I don't even know how that could function without the open iso option

TheGravity

Yeah, there does seem to be another newer version then the one I have currently. It does provide me with an option to open an ISO, so that's solved. I can't seem to Save as a SPR file though, but oh well BMP should work fine. Only new issue is trying to modify sprites on FFT+. But, there seems to be another thread with some information on that. Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate it.