• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:12:16 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The Chronicles of Kanbabrif

Started by Bastard Poetry, May 17, 2008, 07:20:29 am

Bastard Poetry

June 17, 2008, 01:41:32 am #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I knew I was forgetting someone..

DakHam will also be in Part II. He's one of three Oracles, so the portraits will be shared, and thus tricky to individualize.

The other two Oracles will be in Part III--Alakran and Shotgunnova.
Kajitaini Eizan and Pieke Okata will also be introduced in Part III.

Although things may change as I go along.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Bastard Poetry

June 17, 2008, 01:43:53 am #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Ha ha ha, Voldemort!

I have seen you before. You did, afterall, throw in a drunken vlog amidst the WotG videos, as well as a manly challenge to YTWatchdog towards the end. (By the way, 4girlsfingerpaint is worse than both of those combined. And swap.avi lords over all, as far as disgusting goes).

Archael

June 17, 2008, 11:58:58 am #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
oh crap I haven't seen either of those

just when I think I have seen the WORST OF THE WORST the internet has to offer, a new one comes up that tops it

my journey for the title of MAN is never-ending!

:shock:

Cheetah

June 19, 2008, 02:11:04 am #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Portrait Test. I think this is for the Bastard Poetry theif sprite. Are the colors good? How do you want the face and hair changed?
Current Projects:

Bastard Poetry

June 19, 2008, 02:50:48 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I should have slightly darker skin (I messed up and accidentally gave my character really pale skin in the Part I video).

And I'm thinking that the reds should be darker too, but only because I'm making a lot of colors darker and/or brighter for this project. (Did you notice how much different Reis looked?)

Also, I did spend quite a bit of time playing with that transparent-screen setup. For dialogue scenes, I think it will come in handy. For battles, however, things get much too complicated. I need the character info, menus and damage numbers back.

However, I plan on having three versions of the FRAME file, so that I can switch them out for whatever I'm doing: HIDE ALL for dialogue, HIDE SOME for battles and HIDE NONE for when I eventually put everything back in order to play the game normally (if ever).

Cheetah

June 19, 2008, 04:13:46 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Skin color should be easy, though I haven't looked at the color reduction yet. Any other specific facial features or hair styles you want adjusted? I can work on getting a darker shade of red for the portrait.

Though I will give you a warning about messing with darkness and lightness too much (and no this isn't some lame star wars joke), contrast and color balance is a delicate thing and it can go very badly. But I wont limit your artistic vision, just know that what can look great on it's own can look like a jagged sparkle mess when compared to other sprites or especially the maps.

Any idea what you want for the "Hide Some" frame file? I'm glad you are finding it useful.

Whose portrait should I start on after Bastard Poetry?
Current Projects:

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

June 19, 2008, 01:09:49 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Heyo, bp.  I converted my Pieke sprite into the decompressed format for you.  Enjoy.

Cheetah

June 19, 2008, 01:17:45 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
This guy still looks so wicked. Kuraudo, if you just changed his helmet a little so he didn't look so much like Gaff it would be a great Shrine/Mystic/Advanced Knight class sprite.
Current Projects:

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

June 19, 2008, 03:17:40 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
I have an alternate helm for him, but I don't have all the angles.  I made it for a guy on Heroes of Ivalice.

Cheetah

June 19, 2008, 03:59:28 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Oh yeah that is sweet. Even without the horns would be cool though if that is easier to do.
Current Projects:

Bastard Poetry

June 19, 2008, 04:47:24 pm #50 Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:18:43 am by Bastard Poetry
K-Suto,

Great work! I can't wait to see him with that helmet!

Cheetah,

The facial features and hair are fine, actually. It looks quite a bit like me already.

As for the FRAME file, I'd like to have the menus and damage numbers back. Like I said, the battles are quite a bit more complicated now. Also, since I'm getting the hang of Tactext now, I've got things like Kanbabrif's job class changed to "Villian," and that'd be good to show off.

I like not having the height number and "AT"s though.

For the next character you work on: I'm doing a scene with Dukki Boi, FuhFuhFresh, DakHam and Dorminid soon. One thing to keep in mind though: I create the scenes in Photoshop, and then I throw the images into WMM. Later, if I need to change something, I alter the photoshop image, and it automatically updates in WMM too. So don't feel too rushed on these. (My goal is to have Part II finished by July 15th at the latest.. so sometime before then is good).

Lastly, was Zozma still working on the young boy sprite? Because I'm going to include Orinas into the story.

Bastard Poetry

June 19, 2008, 05:09:31 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I'm getting ahead of myself here, but what I'm about to ask for would require quite a bit of time, and I'd need it for Part III (so I'd need it in a month). I wonder if anyone is up to the challenge..?

Full, working sprites for Bolmna and Blansh.

It's a lot to ask for, but if someone out there would be able to make them, I'd shower them with praise and chocolates and teddy bears and more praise.

Zozma

June 21, 2008, 03:01:38 am #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
you could use orlandu or karsten's body for blansh's sprite since he has a similar cape... just throwing it out there...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

June 21, 2008, 04:53:42 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Blansch, hmm? I'm at a loss for Bolmna, since the only thing that even seems to deal with him is a portrait and a beta sprite, which some insists is a little girl with pigtails.  But for Blansch... there is a half completed beta sprite inside of Rudvich's file...

He is an interesting looking character and a slight change of hair color could make him a convincing Blansch. He is also for the most part complete. He does need a bit of initial work, such as replacing all of the Rudvich at the beginning of the sprite and adding arm animations, other then that he's complete and ready to go.

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

June 21, 2008, 04:59:25 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well i was working on bariten and rudvic's incompleted sprites for a short time trying to make them more complete, really rudvic is only missing his arms
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

June 21, 2008, 05:04:07 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah! If you could finish that Barinten sprite, that would be absolutely wonderful! Barinten's role is a bit more... active in Mercenaries, I had almost had to abandon the idea, but I am glad to see that you are working on such!

Also the work on Rudvich is very impressive, I never thought that could be Rudvich, but your recolorings make it look very convincing.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

June 23, 2008, 03:02:30 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
BastardPoetry Portrait Update:

So I made the skin a bit darker and gave you a few different reds to choose from. Thoughts?
Current Projects:

Bastard Poetry

June 23, 2008, 05:55:35 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
The middle one is perfect, thanks!

Cheetah

June 23, 2008, 07:20:40 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Here is a small present for those who want to work on the council member sprites. Plus a peek at Kanabrif's original sprite.

Sorry but none of the palettes are the ones they actually used, I just chose ones that looked pretty good. If people really want these with the original palettes I could go through and hopefully find them, I'm just not ready to do that right now.

Hopefully someone will find these useful.
Current Projects:

Archael

June 23, 2008, 08:35:18 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
WH W WARK ! WHAT!! :shock:

those look great