• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:46 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: KO PSP Updated (Now with the slowdown fix included!)

Started by Eternal, July 06, 2012, 08:18:39 pm

Eternal

FFT: Kind Of PSP has been updated to version 2.09. Normally this wouldn't be newsworthy, but there's one large change that makes this an exception:

The slowdown fix has been built into the .ppf file. This means you can patch and go with no need to mess with other files!

In addition to that, several bugs have been fixed and Aliste/Bremondt have been buffed.

If you're interested in downloading KO PSP, please do so here! Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have any! Enjoy!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on July 06, 2012, 08:18:39 pm
The slowdown fix has been built into the .ppf file. This means you can patch and go with no need to mess with other files!

Win

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Danceman

I'm sorry I'm noob here, this rom make the original game better?

Eternal

You apply this patch to a WotL ROM/ISO/whatever-you-wish-to-call-it and it upgrades the game for you. As far as "better" goes, I'd certainly say so, but I'm biased! :P

Basically, it removes slowdown, improves Onion Knights, and rebalances the game to make it a bit more fun to play. It also improves monsters if you enjoy using those.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Neophyte Ronin

Virtually any self-respecting hack improves monsters to make them harder and more fun to use out there in the field.

Dominic NY18

H0RNEt

FFT Lover from Thailand

Eternal

Eternal

And I have updated it to 2.1. See the topic for details, it's quite a fun update!

Argy

Once again Et, a brilliant job looking after the lesser of the FFT species. Your commitment and dedication to bringing the delights KO to the PSP are commendable.
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Eternal

eidolon012

excuse me. . I'm new to this, so sorry. . I was just wondering how i could use the .pff file?

Eternal

You need to download PPF-o-Matic from the site and use it to patch your WotL ISO with the patch. :)

nongboonka

First of all, Thank you so much to make this happen!!!! You light up our best game in the life ever!

Anyway, I am having a shutdown problem!. I need your suggestion what to do. >.<

My PSP 2000: System software 5.50 Prome-4

I patch my ISO with ur ppf file using PPF-O-Matic 3.0.

Should I try to find other ISO or I need firmware upgrade!?

Or I should use ur previous manual patch up method?

Thank you very much :)

Eternal

First, make sure that you're patching an ISO and not a CSO. If it's a CSO, you'll need to find an ISO. Should that fail, I would advise trying to find another ISO. And if -that- fails, I would try different firmware. Hope this helps!

EDIT: I'd advise that you wait to patch until I release KO 2.3, which has a bunch of rebalanced stuff and some bugfixes.

nongboonka

September 06, 2012, 04:53:38 pm #17 Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:22:07 pm by nongboonka
OMG OMG OMG!!

You just like a God of final tactic!! I'm waiting for it :).

And thank you so much for you quick reply. :)

UPDATE:  I tried to patch with your old method and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE LAG OMG!!! I love you!!!!

So for those who has trouble can try the old method as well :)
Ps. PSP2000 firmware 5.50 Prome-4.

Old Method in this forum http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8490.msg168572#msg168572