• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:33:02 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Editor... fun?

Started by LastingDawn, March 24, 2008, 01:33:01 pm

LastingDawn

March 24, 2008, 01:33:01 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well I've been having a bit of fun switching up events (since I thought those things would blow up in my face in a wonderful fit of anger)... but it is not so!
I'd like to see what other random things people have put in their events. It seems like such an easy way to enjoy one's self.

EDIT: A little bit more experimentation, seems to say that the "Balbanes sprite" is in fact, one of the two Alma that are present. (Changed Alma to Algus, a shame he didn't cry, that would have been a sight to see)
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Special-T

March 28, 2008, 03:27:41 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Special-T
Remember how you helped me add cloud to the battle of Gariland?

Well I decided it was a little weird for him to appear out of nowhere so I replaced one of the squires in the event before the battle and it works, he is playable from that point forward :)

Thanks again for all your help LD.

Now I need to learn a little hex editing to add or change the text in the game....

Zozma

March 29, 2008, 05:33:10 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
in the event before the battle? hmmm i tried to make algus join in the scene where ramza tells him "get out" "i never want to see you again" and algus walks away... but he just wouldnt join.. i have no idea how this works but id like to make some characters join in non battle scenes myself...

i had selected the slot for join after event but it didnt work... (dont ask me why i wanted algus its just a test lol but still...)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Special-T

March 29, 2008, 10:27:59 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Special-T
Well here is a picture of the original event without any edits

now here is a picture of what I changed in the scene

sorry I don't have a screen shot of cloud in the scene but my psp is giving me some issues with the screen shots

I had to try several different characters before it worked. cloud replaced each character I replaced him with but if that character has a special frame of animation that cloud doesn't have it gets glitchy.

You don't have to replace a character in the scene you can also add him as an extra, just make sure you use the right x and y values (so he appears on the map).

Hope that helps.