• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:04:23 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Spare R/S/M's

Started by Argy, March 02, 2014, 09:41:44 am

Argy

I have just been looking through the abilities in the wiki and I have noticed that there are spare spot in between Counter and Distribute (01BB). Are there any ASM's that have accounted for that spot?

Also there are some movement ones as well (01F1, 01FE, 01FF) that aren't utilised. have these been "made" into anything else?

Which leads to Silent Walk, can we do anything with this?

Cheers Argy
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

formerdeathcorps

March 02, 2014, 05:07:57 pm #1 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:25:31 pm by formerdeathcorps
The spare slot between Counter and Distribute is the reaction that is triggered when reflect is activated.  The two at the end are blank, but the unit data RAM shows that those two abilities are only partly read into the table (so you'll have to write an exception for the in-battle effect and display for it to work).  I know that the three "blank" support abilities are referenced in vanilla's code, but I don't remember exactly where.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Choto

There are a couple others in JoT5... and more coming for chapter 2. When I have a list together and probably once chapter 2 is released I'll post them. But yes, some of them may be have other functions tied in like FDC said. Or maybe not, who knows.

Argy

Thank you for your efforts FDC and Choto. I look forward to your work in Chapter 2!

Cheers Argy
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!