• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:22:13 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Status Effect Priorities

Started by Dormin Jake, November 27, 2008, 10:47:01 am

Dormin Jake

November 27, 2008, 10:47:01 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Hiya.  I'm making a Time Orb accessory to replace Sentiemson, and it's supposed to render the wearer temporally and spatially unstable, represented by Always: Haste, Initial: Slow, and Initial: Transparent.  The interaction between haste and slow worried me a little bit, but in my testing it always acted the way I intended it to: the unit started off slowed, then gained permanent haste.

My question: is there any way to determine, with certainty, the priority that certain status effects take over others?  Like Faith/Innocent, Poison/Regen, Haste/Slow?  I know the casting of one tends to cancel the other if the target isn't immune, but what if a unit starts with both?  Just wondering if someone else has already tried this out.

This is all part of my master plan to "perfume" both sexes:
Chantage ("Life Gem") - Permanent Regen
Cherce ("Raincaller") - MA+1, Strengthen and Absorb Water and Wind
Sentiemson ("Time Orb") - like Sentiemson but with initial Slow
Salty Rage - PA+3, Permanent Silence and Innocent (Bracer's now PA+2, so this is the biggest boost you get)

Also Happy Thanksgiving to all 'Mericans!  To all non-'Mericans, have an exceptionally pleasant day and good fortune in all your endeavors!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

The Damned

November 27, 2008, 11:25:16 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
The priorites are given in FFTPatcher in the Status Tab. They go in reverse order from 27 (or so) down to 0, with the higher numbered (or lettered) ones having more priority. This is why Crystal, Treasure, and Dead are first.

I'm not really sure if you can change the priorities considering how little we can seemingly affect status at the moment (at least when it comes to all the check boxes), but you should be able to do. I honestly only experimented with Dead for a short while, only to find that it wouldn't really "combine" with anything in the way I wanted it to.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dormin Jake

November 27, 2008, 11:32:29 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Interesting!  That's a much easier answer than I expected.  It's a little strange to me that the unit carrying the Time Orb actually starts slowed, as FFTPatcher is showing Haste to be a higher priority effect, but I'm not complaining, seeing as how that's exactly the result I was wanting.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake