• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:04:30 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Ramza's Fate

Started by Kuraudo Sutoraifu, March 01, 2012, 12:26:51 pm

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Not sure is this is old news or not, but take a look at this: https://twitter.com/#!/YasumiMatsuno/status/169572953686683648

Ramza is alive.  It had been debated back and forth, but now the author has confirms Ole Buttpants survived the final battle.

3lric

I thought the video after the final battle kinda confirmed that already? lol
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

I knew he was alive before the tweet!

EmmaNigma

Quote from: GeneralStrife on March 01, 2012, 12:59:02 pm
I knew he was alive before the tweet!

GeneralStrife = Hipster
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

GeneralStrife

March 01, 2012, 01:38:03 pm #5 Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:06:43 am by GeneralStrife

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Dang.  It wasn't even off the first page of the forum.  I'm a dunce.  It was even similarly titled.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Kuraudo Sutoraifu on March 01, 2012, 12:26:51 pmOle Buttpants

Requesting a hack featuring an aged Ramza, akin to T.G. Cid in terms of bearing and swordskills, where he is known by his alias Ole Buttpants.  Or at least a sprite.

Could take place in Ogre Battle universe.

Ole Buttpants must be rather heavier than young Ramza, and he must have a Mustache.  Bonus points for aged Alma, and her inbred children.

philsov

the explosion blew him to safety.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Eternal

I assume the Occuria from FFXII have something to do with it. The Occuria created the Lucavi who rebelled against them later. Therefore, it'd make sense that they'd give some kind of salvation to Ramza for defeating them again.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kaijyuu

Normal video game logic covers it, I think. Getting stabbed will kill pretty much anyone (especially with crappy medieval medicine), but you can survive multiple sword slashes to the face.

I'd still prefer that he dies, though. Seems a cop out to make a "happy" ending to make him live.

Eternal

It's not all that happy if you think about it. Forced to be away from home, his brothers dead, branded an outcast while his former best friend and manipulative bastard becomes King.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Said manipulative bastard later losing his life to the woman he may, or may not, have loved.

Who says that Ramza didn't use the Holy Stones to teleport out of there, or that they didn't either absorb the blast or protect the stone bearer's from it?  We know that the stones can let you resurrect the dead (rafa raised malak), so it depends on the user's intentions and emotions.

I dislike using a retcon (cough ffxii cough) to fix plot holes, but we can use what we observed about nethicite absorbing magic, and released mist, to guess how he survived.  Especially since the zodiac monsters release mist when they are defeated.

philsov

QuoteSaid manipulative bastard later losing his life to the woman he may, or may not, have loved.

No, that was established when the game was released.  "King Delita lived on to have a long and peaceful reign."  He very likely did love her, and he killed her, leaving him a very strong King Nothing sort of role.  Which... is only fitting for the bastard.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Notsoclvr

I always kind of figured Ramza lived. Just because, well I liked Ramza. It was Delita who I think had a more ambiguous fate. I like to think that he died after the camera panned up. Probably because I think Delita is a douche.
Obligatory signature.

Kaijyuu

Delita's awesome. I love to hate the jackass. Way better written character than mr flat as a pancake beacon of goodness Ramza.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: philsov on March 03, 2012, 07:56:39 pm
No, that was established when the game was released.  "King Delita lived on to have a long and peaceful reign."  He very likely did love her, and he killed her, leaving him a very strong King Nothing sort of role.  Which... is only fitting for the bastard.

So he survived her attempt on his life?

Quote from: Kaijyuu on March 04, 2012, 08:55:14 am
Delita's awesome. I love to hate the jackass. Way better written character than mr flat as a pancake beacon of goodness Ramza.

Bartender: What'll it be?
Ramza: I'll have a .... milk.  Straight.
Bartender: Get the fuck out of my pub.