• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:43:34 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Reducing Battle Party Size in Random Encounters

Started by JantheX, September 17, 2014, 05:32:30 pm

JantheX

Hi guys!
This is my first time posting, I've been using your forums and hacking tools since around April of this year.  You've all done awesome work.

Long story short, I'm currently trying to put together a mod, and one of the things I'd like to do is reduce the number of people you can bring with you on random encounters.  Essentially, I don't want to feel like I'm leaving one guy out every time I hit a story level, and thanks to the spritesheet cap of 9 I can't just edit the attack.out file for the storyline to permit 5 people without causing major glitches.  Since I can't make the party bigger, I'd rather just go down to 4 all the time and maintain a feeling of continuity through the whole game.

Does anybody know if there's a way to edit the attack.out files for random battles (and if so, where they are located) so that the permitted party size is 4 people?

Xifanie

Just edit the ATTACK.OUT random battle squads, which are from 0x0201 to 0x0246.

If you're using my editor, just manually select and edit them all, then switch back to the original squad of that scenario. Your edits will still be saved.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

JantheX