• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:29:57 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Any other mac users on OS 10.9.4 having issues?

Started by theanalogkid6, September 07, 2014, 04:28:16 pm

theanalogkid6

Just bought a new MacBook (has OS 10.9.4), and I'm having issues finding a patch program that is compatible.. anyone else having trouble?

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

theanalogkid6

Yes I have, it's saying the file cant be opened because the "legacy image should be converted." I'm only assuming this is a compatibility issue since I havent been a mac user until now. Thanks for the quick reply!

theanalogkid6

I was able to get around the original problem and installed ppf-o-matic successfully. However, upon opening the application icon had a cross over it, and when opening it said "Power PC applications are no longer supported." Anyone else having issues?

Angel

My condolences on buying an Apple product. They're shiny and durable, but more overpriced than any other electronics consumer product, and poorly supported by most any homebrew application authors. We also don't really have many Mac users around, I'm afraid. I would suggest looking into virtual machine software to run Windows XP, as I know there are very good options for this, and also compatibility with our tools.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

Newer Mac OS is no longer compatible with PowerPC which is how certain programs like ppfomatic run on mac.
So unless you downgrade you're gonna need to use wine.

Btw, quoting the exact error you wrote I was able to find this out on Google in about 5 seconds, certainly better to try that first before asking here, especially considering what's written above is all true.

theanalogkid6

Thanks guys, seeing as how I am so mac illiterate it took me a bit to figure out what all this stuff means haha. So anyways i'll definitely be looking into a way to run windows on here but I am going to try one other thing before I explore that avenue. Can't wait to try the Journey of the 5 patch when I finally figure it out, cheers to the creators!

theanalogkid6

Just an update, I successfully figured it out. Journey of the 5 is really fun! Any other mac users have trouble I can lend a hand!

Jumza

That's excellent :) Have fun being able to do stuff!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.