• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:33:18 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Luiakyn's(Omnir's) Sprites

Started by Luiakyn, March 19, 2014, 08:33:54 pm

Luiakyn

I'm at a dilemma with the Giant -- should he be floating like in some of the FFs (he's also given the wind spells), or walking?

I also want to create a concept of the 6 forgotten Lucavi (Duma, Zebbeb, Sel, Rophechehe, Cheraub, and Leviathan). I'll be drawing a bit from the FFXII renditions of those zodiac stone counterparts, but not a lot (I really didn't like FFXII, to note).

Seushiro

For you dilemma no he is not floating make him walk :) the reason why some thinks he is floating is because of the legs and some art with clouds beneath the feet. But that is used to just show height. If an object is above the clouds then it just mean damn it a GIANT. So no need check ff9, 4 heroes and ff3 they all do not fly.

Luiakyn

Luiakyn

I'll be fixing these, but here are the concepts. Feel free to lay on the critics :3

(Might not have the ponytail wave)

Kagebunji

It's lookign good to me. The frames seem to be skipping a bit so I cannot really say how the animation looks, but ponytail is pretty noticeable. Perhaps look at Balmafula to get the idea of how it should swing? That could help.

I like his collar and belt, overall it's a solid concept, great work on that :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

Damn, you busted out quick! Great work.
Looks great; you're really good at animation I think.
There are some flashing pixels again (front shoulder and thigh and back head)
but just like last time... I'm sure they'll be taken care of.

EDIT:
Glad you like the portrait guys too
  • Modding version: PSX

Luiakyn

Great views on both accounts

I'll lower the ponytail and have it work more normally.
I'm going to do a variation of the sheets without noses (they're more humanoid than monster, so while some monsters have noses, I guess these guys can do without ; ) )
I'll fix the flashing pixels :3 And will likely post slower walk animations. It shouldn't be skipping frames, but it might look that way due to the speed :<

CONMAN

God Damn it!  This awesome thread is humbling! Keep it up!

Luiakyn

XD Thanks :) I loved what you did with Iron Monger, BTW.

To note: if anyone feels like they can improve on my work, please do.

Luiakyn

Small update on Ogre (no nose)

Kagebunji

Since I prefer staying more with FFT, no nose is working better for me. Great work :)

Lijj

The no nose thing is so weird yeah.. but it definitely matches FFT more now; I agree with Kagebunji.

Luiakyn

And your portrait matches perfectly for it : O Also, the Ogre does have all 3 palettes finished.

I hope to test and finish the Giant sheet by Monday -- we'll see.

Alright, so I did a quick portrait for the Giant:
(So far I have to move the right tat more to the right, it seems)

Angel

The ogre is getting better all the time, and the portrait for the giant is really looking good. Couldn't stay quiet any longer; this is awesome work.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Lijj

I think the portrait looks pretty good. I think his head could use a little texture.. something like:

Cúchulainn being the best example out of these.

And just a bit more anti-aliasing on some parts; good structure though.

Kagebunji

Lijj pretty much pointed it all out.

These two sprites really are something, best piece of pixel art since quite a while here :)

Luiakyn

Thanks all ;) Now that I've given it some rest, it does look a bit flat :<

I'll be taking your advice.

Luiakyn

Posting this here, as I give it a break to come to see all that I messed up on :<

Choto

I like the detail in his face, looks good to me!

I wanted to make an Umaro sprite for ages.. and it seems your giant was the base I needed to get going. Needs some work but a decent starting point... Thanks for the creative bump :)

Luiakyn

Love it. Very nice >: D!

Can't wait to see how it ends up :3 If you need some help with the animations, I'll see what I can do :)