• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:49:42 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Luiakyn's(Omnir's) Sprites

Started by Luiakyn, March 19, 2014, 08:33:54 pm

Luiakyn

August 29, 2016, 03:47:58 am #180 Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 03:58:57 am by Luiakyn
I like that -- might do something like that :3 I'll give it a shot >: D

There is also a Bible verse where God calls a king of Tyre a Cherub who walked on fiery gems. so I'm studying a bit more into that -- they might have been godlike angels of protection. (there are 2 Cherubim on the Ark of the Covenant, and being like winged men).

Edit: Noting further, they were primarily shown as a "master of earth and sky" -- thus usually being a combination of Eagle and Lion. In fact, the Hittite "Griffin" might have been similar to the Hebrew "Cherubim".

Real

These are fantastic. Nice work.

Real

August 30, 2016, 07:13:40 am #183 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:32:01 am by Sam
The Lucavi designs are super impressive - didn't see all of these until I flipped a few pages. You should put those in your main post (only Duma is there, right now.)

Luiakyn

Real

Happy to help.

Do you do portraits as well? Would love to see the portrait art for the Lucavi you created too.

Luiakyn

Only Duma for now -- I'm not very good at portraits :<

RavenOfRazgriz

Would you happen to have any updates to any of the new Lucavi sprites?  The Duma sprite looks really nice, and there's a side-project Elric and I work on off the books that we'd love to use all the new Lucavi sprites in if you don't mind and happen to finish them!

Luiakyn

Sadly, I just altogether had stopped. But, here is the last bit of progress I made on Zebbub.

RavenOfRazgriz

Thank you!

Understandable you stopped, MON/Lucavi sheets are awful to work with.  Zebbub was one of the ones I was most interested in though so I'm glad it's the one you had progress on, heh.

alonerfeumuno

Quote from: Luiakyn on March 19, 2014, 08:33:54 pmI go by either name >.>

I'm working on the following:
Iron Giant -- Polishing stage
FFI Ogre -- Polishing stage
FFI Giant (Hill Gigas) -- Polishing stage
Ultima Weapon -- Concept needs refining.
The 6 other Lucavi (Duma, Zebbeb, Sel, Rophechehe, Cheraub, Leviathan) -- Front Concept finished. Duma needs polishing

All are works in progress, but I do take critiques. The portrait for the "No nose" Ogre is done by Lijj -- I don't think I can make it any better than what it is :)

Edit: 9/7/2014: Changed Ogre and giant to be more FFT like. I do still need to test these in full.
Edit: 8/16/2016: Ogre and Giant updated, Duma sheet included.

So Far:

Old Concepts:

How is the Giant now ?
I liked, think of trying to use him on my Gafgarion event, if you give permission
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: alonerfeumuno