• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Reks

Quote from: Barren on July 03, 2014, 01:55:24 pm
Just a friendly reminder to people who maybe still either working on their teams or just caught in real life stuff that the tournament registration is still ongoing and there is still time to sign up

Just life. Had figured there'd be a thread for it, like before
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

Its in the news section if you wish to sign up. PM me your team
You dare cross blades with me?

Fenire

Malroth

Ran silentkaster's  Ladies night out vs White knight Wiegraf's  revolution machine video currently processng.

Ladies night out vs revolutin machine

silentkaster

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Malroth

got time for a couple quicke video's tonight incase someone might want to test some last nano second team changes

reinoe

Quote from: Malroth on July 19, 2014, 07:17:12 pm
got time for a couple quicke video's tonight incase someone might want to test some last nano second team changes

Hey mal I just made some last minute changes to my team, so if you still have time can I get a test match?  It can be against anyone.

Primary Palette: #6 Yellow
Secondary Palette: #4 White

Unit 1
Male
Scorpio
Thief
Item
Counter
Two Hands
Fly
Platinum Sword

Twist Headband
Rubber Costume
Angel Ring

Quickening, Steal Heart, Steal Accessory
All Items

Unit 2
Male
Scorpio
Ninja
Basic Skill
Abandon
Attack UP
Move+1
Hidden Knife
Ninja Knife
Green Beret
Power Sleeve
Feather Mantle

Kagesougi
Wish, Throw Stone, Heal, Accumulate

Unit 3
Male
Capricorn
Archer
Punch Art
Projectile Guard
Magic Attack UP
Pilgrimage
Blast Gun
Kaiser Plate
Thief Hat
Black Costume
Setiemson

Arm Aim, Seal Evil, Armor Break, Weapon Break, Hawk's Eye, Execute
Revive, Stigma Magic

Unit 4
Female
Taurus
Time Mage
White Magic
Damage Split
Short Charge
Move MP-Up
Mace Of Zeus

Golden Hairpin
White Robe
Sprint Shoes

Haste 2, Slow 2, Demi 2, Comet, Sinkhole
Cure 3, Cure 4, Raise, Raise 2, Wall, Esuna, Holy
My dreams can come true!

Malroth

Just made a super quick recording,  I went with the super quick easy route so I'd have time to possibly do a second one for someone else instead of spending 4 hours in post production.

Reinoe (10 Gage) vs CT5 Holy (blanket)

silentkaster

Malroth, or anyone else around...

I made a new team and would actually like to see it against Otabo's team Beachtime Fun Gang. I just realized he'll be making this team inactive again very shortly...

If at all possible :)

TrueLight

August 31, 2014, 02:47:41 pm #3470 Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:28:00 pm by TrueLight
I'm currently uploading the video for you now, Silentkaster. Hope you don't mind, but it's only going to be 1 round.

EDIT: FFT Arena 1.38D - Silentkaster (Mad Samurai) vs. Otabo (Beachtime Fun Gang)
  • Modding version: PSX

silentkaster

August 31, 2014, 07:55:55 pm #3471 Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:33:23 pm by silentkaster
Thanks TrueLight!

More RNG trickery. It'd be nice to see the full three rounds just to see what the result would have been, but that's okay. Though this one didn't officially end, I just presume the samurai would have eventually gotten DS from the Throwing Knife and died. But my luck has been terrible in August...if rerecorded tomorrow I am sure my luck will be better. Not saying I'd win, but my luck would at least be better, haha.]

silentkaster

Heh, now that The Damned has posted so many great teams...I see another 2X, 3X or 4X feature in his future :D

Otabo

That samurai, though. Her will to fight was strong, but her heart was weak, falling for the chick magnet himself.

Quote from: silentkasterI just realized he'll be making this team inactive again very shortly...

I might actually keep it around longer than usual, seeing how my fall team currently blows needs to be recreated from the ground up anyway and probably won't introduce them until like mid-October or something.

The Damned

(No rush, though thanks for the offer, silentkaster.)

I certainly don't want to push xyzqwv out of the way given it's one of the few times he's posted again. I also need to double check all of those teams JP totals for a third time since I just realized that Marche was over the JP limit by a quite a bit on "Eternal's Champions", partly because he had HP Restore instead of MP Restore. The only other team that's likely to have any problems there are "Knife Nuts" since the lead Thief is basically a completely different unit from the Banana Dirk that was and I overhauled him mostly on a whim. Still, I should check all of them by later tonight just to be certain.

That said, if you really want to, then I'd most prefer that one or both of the Shovel Knight theme teams--the No Quarter ones--fight DomieV's latest iteration of "Famous Knights" if nothing else. He appears to have changed that team quite a bit in my long absence and seeing teams full of nothing but Paladins wailing on each other has always been something morbidly entertaining, though it does tend to take a while.

Regardless, thanks. Feel to use any teams for videos if you want even if I disappear unless I've said not to for some reason, though this time around I doubt any of these teams suck as much as I usually make; if I they do, it's likely I'll just delete them outright, if only for a while. I just don't want to push other people out of the way, which is why I was trying (poorly) to limit myself this time.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

xyzqwv

Don't worry about it. I know you guys are busy with the tournament, and all. I didn't put much effort into the team, anyway.

The Damned

(*shakes fist at Chrome*)

I see. Still, that's something I want to try to avoid doing in general.

Regardless, as I suspected, a couple of units were indeed still over the JP limit: Martial the Samurai of "Non-Adventures in Pacifism" and Plague Knight the Paladin of "Half of No Quarter". That's been fixed now, as has my continued calling of the two Defense UP supports "Defend UP" and Koutetsu "Kotetsu". Also changed up "Scarlet Bath of Tefnut" moderately and "The Data of Absolute Zero" a slight bit.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Reks

And I have a new team!

As the tourney is going on, I won't ask for a test, but if someone can I'd be grateful.

And I -should- be able to record matches sooner or later.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

Hey guys I was thinking that maybe what I'll do after the tournament is done is do a live stream at least twice a week (maybe once if my schedule is too hectic) and showcase some of the new teams submitted. Anyone that wants to commentate with me are more than welcome.  I'll post links in the stream day thread

Barren

Everyone update your teams to current 1.39 version if you haven't done so already. I can do some matches tuesday night for anyone who wants their new team(s) tested