• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:36:17 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 3 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 28, 2014, 04:08:02 pm

The Damned

(I'll comment on the latest matches next time I post. I need to rewatch them at this point. I'll comment on the other posts directed towards me at the same time.)

Barren, please stop apologizing given it's not your fault at all.

If anything, then you should probably take a break for a day or two, especially since today is one of the few holidays that isn't complete bullshit. I was honestly worried that you were losing your voice towards the start of the tournament and you haven't really had much time to relax from this as it is even before doing the extra work for Zotis. No reason to burn yourself out, as much as the quickness of everything is appreciated like always.

My laptop is unfortunately still basically dead, so I can't really do anything to help or else I'd try to get back into recording. This even though I'm not sure if I could even upload anything, at least from this computer, given Youtube hasn't let me post anything all year from my desktop for whatever reason. Granted, pretty much all of my attempts have just been trying to post comments, but since that's kinda related to video stuff....

It's a shame to hear that Zotis has to forego helping with the rest of the tournament, but given that things rarely go smoothly in any event, I can't say I'm surprised that something happened with someone. This especially since I had a bit of trouble last tournament myself. Oh well. I'll see if I can maybe get a hold of another laptop, but it's not anything guaranteed. At least it looks like other people want to and/or possibly can help, so that's good.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

TristanBeoulve

Quote from: Barren on September 01, 2014, 02:05:57 pm
Anytime after 6pm. pm me your skype account and ill friend request you

Damn... I get Internet from my step dad's tire shop... (which closes at 5:00 pm) I -do- get up at 4 AM, but I doubt you can record at that time.
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Zotis

Well, I'm not saying I won't be able to record any more videos for the rest of the tournament.  But I've only been able to get up like one a week.  This whole tournament I was only able to do 3 videos so far.  I work 12 hour shifts four days on and four days off, but this week I'm going to visit family and friends back in Ottawa and then I'll be back to work again.  So I at least won't be able to record anything until next weekend.  Even then I don't know if I can promise more than one a week, and I don't want to slow the tournament down.  So I'll try to be in touch with you Barren and let you know when and if I can record any more and try not to take more than I can handle.

Barren

Quote from: Zotis on September 02, 2014, 01:38:53 am
Well, I'm not saying I won't be able to record any more videos for the rest of the tournament.  But I've only been able to get up like one a week.  This whole tournament I was only able to do 3 videos so far.  I work 12 hour shifts four days on and four days off, but this week I'm going to visit family and friends back in Ottawa and then I'll be back to work again.  So I at least won't be able to record anything until next weekend.  Even then I don't know if I can promise more than one a week, and I don't want to slow the tournament down.  So I'll try to be in touch with you Barren and let you know when and if I can record any more and try not to take more than I can handle.

In that case how about for now me or CT5Holy do your matches until you are able to finish your sections of the loser's bracket.  Don't feel rushed to get back into it but just keep in mind that we need to get on with the tournament.  Hopefully you can do at least one more match
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

Yeah that's fine Barren.  I'll let you know when I can do another match.

Otabo

Mmm hmm, I saw this coming. You know what though, I might be out of the tourney now, but at least I can go home proud because it wasn't solely Mallory's Insult that lost me the match (like it did against CT5Holy in the winner's bracket), I lost to RNG and poor AI decisions on my team's part. Which is one of the most common ways a team can lose a match. But damn, Mallory almost gave me a heart attack every time she went for Insult; thankfully most of them missed. GG, until next time.

TristanBeoulve

Quote from: Otabo on September 02, 2014, 02:43:27 pm
Mmm hmm, I saw this coming. You know what though, I might be out of the tourney now, but at least I can go home proud because it wasn't solely Mallory's Insult that lost me the match (like it did against CT5Holy in the winner's bracket), I lost to RNG and poor AI decisions on my team's part. Which is one of the most common ways a team can lose a match. But damn, Mallory almost gave me a heart attack every time she went for Insult; thankfully most of them missed. GG, until next time.

As for me, I have the reason of THE WORST GOD DAMN TEAM EVER (sorry for the swears) as to why I lost. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite good at FFT (humble, right?), I would never use the chemist the way I did in this, I just blew that idea out of my ass. Besides that, though, I could have made good use of that team in real FFT, but this is different. Learning is what matters here, besides.

Barren

September 02, 2014, 05:44:43 pm #189 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:55:38 pm by Barren
And also as long as you have fun. Sure we make competitive teams or sometimes joke teams but we all have fun in the end

TristanBeoulve

Quote from: Barren on September 02, 2014, 05:44:43 pm
Ans also as long as you have fun. Sure we make competitive teams or sometimes joke teams but we all have fun in the end

Agreed.

Otabo

Quote from: Barren on September 02, 2014, 05:44:43 pm
Ans also as long as you have fun. Sure we make competitive teams or sometimes joke teams but we all have fun in the end

This. Yeah, we're at the mercy of the AI or the RNG - sometimes both, but at the end of the day, having fun is all that matters. If Arena was seriously tryhard-level competitive, then this'll be a whole different ballpark altogether.

Barren

Sorry if there is audio problems at some parts due to me and silentkaster doing the duo commentary as he was contacting me via skype and the mic audio lowering all the way down as I record with camtasia studio 8 but hopefully I will find the answer to it soon. Meanwhile enjoy this match

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 3 Loser's Bracket Match 12 - Anima Zero vs TrueLight

TrueLight

Dual Commentary was a nice bonus to the video. Always good to hear two different perspectives on the match and teams. As for the match itself, that Paladin did not want to die. He blocked Asura after Asura. I know he has decent magic evasion, but jeez. Bard continues to die even though he has the highest HP, good thing his teammates are always there to revive him. GG Anima Zero, you made a pretty good first team.
  • Modding version: PSX

Anima Zero

You know, I'm rather amused it took my Paladin this long to bust out Grand Cross.  Not that it made me feel any better about forgetting darkness protection, heh.

A good match there sir.  Also thanks for the kind words about my team.  Surprised how well it held up considering I made it in basically a day with no extensive knowledge of Arena beforehand (I had participated in AI tourneys before, just not any with the Arena patch).

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

TristanBeoulve

Angelus

Can't believe that im still alive in the doom train, GG shadowstrike, sorry you had to lose the way you did. I wonder how much more my luck can hold out

TrueLight

Best match of the tournament so far? Perhaps. Too bad I was the person on the losing end. Those Southern Crosses hurt a lot more than I had expected and it didn't help that my team was staying too close together for multiple hits. I'm also surprised I won round 2 despite all those sleeps on my team early. Round 3 was filled with all sorts of shenanigans. My Ninja losing all his buffs while the Paladin repeatedly getting HP Restore didn't help things. Kind of reminds me of my team from last season haha. GG DomieV, that was one heck of a fight. Good luck in your future matches on the Doom Train.
  • Modding version: PSX