• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:36:12 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Zombie/Undead Knight

Started by Heisho, July 07, 2018, 08:46:06 pm

Heisho

July 07, 2018, 08:46:06 pm Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 11:24:53 pm by Heisho
Here is my take of the Undead Units. Any feedback is appreciated.Enjoy

Regards
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

3lric

The face could be blended a bit better with the rest of the portrait, as right now it kind of looks like hes wearing a mask.  But im not the best person to give advice on fixing that, and its looking good nonetheless

Heisho

@Elric: It sound right. I didn't noticed it looked like a mask. Perhaps the colors I'm using are very contrasting.

I made an updated version including a new uniform color. I'm thinking using this in the battle against Elmdore so that is the reason of the color, since we don't see an army from Limberry I kinda used the Marquis colors.

3lric

I would like to use this for Journey of the Five with your permission, if thats okay with you?

I've asked Twinees to come and give some pointers as well, since he's the best spriter we've ever had around here :P

Twinees

I prefer your first version of the portrait, the face shape is definitely better on that one. I kind of prefer the colours on the first too. I'd say the shaved side of his head is probably making it look like the mask, but that's just the character's design so I personally wouldn't worry too much. The mouth is better on the newest though! Gl

Heisho

@Elric: Of course it would be an honor! Besides I'm already using sprites from there so it would be appropiate.

@Twinees: Thanks for the feedback. I went back and edited the face to match a little more the first version but I keep details from the newer like the neck colors, the mouth, and a the bigger inner eye.

Hope you guys like it.

3lric

Quote from: Heisho on July 08, 2018, 09:16:55 pm
@Elric: Of course it would be an honor! Besides I'm already using sprites from there so it would be appropiate.

@Twinees: Thanks for the feedback. I went back and edited the face to match a little more the first version but I keep details from the newer like the neck colors, the mouth, and a the bigger inner eye.

Hope you guys like it.

Fantastic, I appreciate the approval. I already know full well where I will be using it.

I will let Twinees make any additional comments on the sprite itself as im not really qualified to do so lol.

What is the project you are working on? Is there a thread for it? I see so many different threads on the site that i never know who is working on what anymore.

Heisho

Well at the moment I haven't post anything yet since I don't know how much it will take to finish and I don't want to raise expectations, at the moment I've planning and planning (for the last year and a half >.<) and making tests for ASM formula hacks that I'm developing and editing many others form great hackers in this site that could be applicable on my project.

To put it simple it will be a vanilla mod, but I'm aiming to improve some classes, bring others, modify some characters, use the translation from Gamefaqs, and some other surprises that so far I haven't seen implemented here. So if these tests work I might be able to contribute with some neat stuff to the community.

However there is so much to do that sometimes I take a break from planning and edit sprites and then go to ASM and then go back to planning, etc. There's a nasty roller coaster my head and sometimes I feel like giving up but then I picture how it would be if finished and then I jump to planning again. The only thing I don't understand yet is eventing, however I haven't took a dive in that subject yet so I might get it...or not. But I'll know in its due time.

3lric

Quote from: Heisho on July 08, 2018, 09:55:21 pm
Well at the moment I haven't post anything yet since I don't know how much it will take to finish and I don't want to raise expectations, at the moment I've planning and planning (for the last year and a half >.<) and making tests for ASM formula hacks that I'm developing and editing many others form great hackers in this site that could be applicable on my project.

To put it simple it will be a vanilla mod, but I'm aiming to improve some classes, bring others, modify some characters, use the translation from Gamefaqs, and some other surprises that so far I haven't seen implemented here. So if these tests work I might be able to contribute with some neat stuff to the community.

However there is so much to do that sometimes I take a break from planning and edit sprites and then go to ASM and then go back to planning, etc. There's a nasty roller coaster my head and sometimes I feel like giving up but then I picture how it would be if finished and then I jump to planning again. The only thing I don't understand yet is eventing, however I haven't took a dive in that subject yet so I might get it...or not. But I'll know in its due time.

Well if you care as much about detail and learning all the different aspects of what we all do here, as you seem to, then I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I've seen you in the spriting section, the eventing section and the ASM section, and thats rare to see someone who wants to actually learn a lot of the different things that we do around here.

If the urge ever arises, there is always room on the Jot5 team, if that's something that interests you in the future.

Heisho

QuoteWell if you care as much about detail and learning all the different aspects of what we all do here, as you seem to, then I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I've seen you in the spriting section, the eventing section and the ASM section, and thats rare to see someone who wants to actually learn a lot of the different things that we do around here.

If the urge ever arises, there is always room on the Jot5 team, if that's something that interests you in the future.

Wow! Thanks a lot for the offer man!

Believe me, when I finish my stuff I'll definitely help you guys in whatever I can. In the meantime I still need a lot to learn and I believe the key for it is finishing my project.

3lric

Indeed it is. We all learned somewhere and we try to document as we go, so that other like minded people can learn as well. So i can very much appreciate the attitude you are taking toward learning yourself.

If you have questions, we may not always have the answers, but 9 times out of 10, we can tell you how to get the answer if you are willing to do some legwork. Thats what this community is all about, and while some people may not like it that way, i definitely prefer it over just doing peoples work for them. No one ever learned anything by having everything done for them :)

Heisho

Udated first post with updated version and new sprite!

Timbo

I love this thing! Have you ever considered doing the other humanoid undead units from Poeskas Lake and Yuguo Woods?
  • Discord username: Timbo

Heisho

Quote from: Timbo on May 04, 2020, 07:27:31 pmI love this thing! Have you ever considered doing the other humanoid undead units from Poeskas Lake and Yuguo Woods?

It sounds interesting. Perhaps I should start with the Archer.

Heisho

Sorry for double post
@Timbo There is the archer. I'll try to tackle the rest later.

Timbo

@Heisho I think you forgot something...

3lric

Timbo

Derp. OMG. I love it! I'm totally going to include these with the optional sprites pack I'm adding to Brave Story.

Heisho

Thanks. In time I'l try to add the rest of the units as a side project when I'm burned out from my main one.

Heisho

Added an update for Argath. I didn't like that Terminator look.
I kept the other one if anyone was interested.