• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Seushiro's Sprites... Redoing some sprites

Started by Seushiro, August 19, 2009, 12:12:50 am

Kagebunji

Well, everything was already said, what can I add is that Genesis new hair isn't working really, you should rather keep the old one over this. I can see Cloud pretty easily there.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Seushiro

Actually I took it from here ahaha just to try...

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9859.0

The heroes below are all FFT size and with a little recoloring and proper shading it will be good. I like how they executed characters with bangs in the middle. the purple haired looks like Misato Katsuragi O__O

But yeah I also like the older one you fixed and kept a version of it :)

Seushiro

Hi all! I need a little help in two of the sprites I'm working on... I made a Judge Magister Class (yes I know there a lot of Gabranths concepts floating there  but I want my own to replace a job class) and Garland's first draft Concept.

To be a little Straight forward the main problem I have with the Judge Magister is his right hand (left hand in our view) The large shoulder pauldrons are just hard to transfer to the other arm. I need help in shaping that up.

for Garland if you can help me give it a better look then I would appreciate the inputs.

Kagebunji

Gabranth needs way more colors, right now he is all gray, which makes him look booring. Another thing is that he is disproportional, giant shoulders, small chest, even bigger helm. Fact that he is small doesn't help either, small and bulky doesn't look well.

Garland on the other hand isn't that bad, cause the purple cape breaks the monotonous look.

This Gabranth here is a good example of how to make it more colorful
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6182.140

Seushiro

Thanks Kage his has even less colors for the armor. I think I could get some palette suggestions from it and fix mine. About disproportion I would probably uncover areas i shaded with black and go for delita ch 2 arm swaps

O another note I did'nt know you modded that paladin Ramza I have been looking for it for days after I saw a semi finishes post! Finally got my hands on it

Lijj

I think the Gabranth sprite looks pretty cool myself. but maybe smaller horns and as Kage said bigger chest.
  • Modding version: PSX

Seushiro

April 27, 2014, 12:51:19 pm #626 Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:27:20 am by Seushiro
Wew been awhile since I posted but I have some good news.

Let us start with the good news. First of I would like to thank Twinees for not giving up on helping me with my goal of having Bravely Default Heroes possible in FFH. Below you would see the comparison (and big difference in skill) with the attached photo. The one above is his rendition of the 4 (obviously) while the 4 mutations below are mine since I made em from scratch and was a bad idea to begin with.

Unfortunately I do not have his skill to craft out of thin air and i still stick to minor edits and a lot of copy pasting. SO PLEASE I NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR THE BASE BODY TO BE USED. Meanwhile I just made animations of some as I was excited for them :)

Second bit of news: As you have all heard in E3 FFXV is just FFXIII: Versus getting a rename and a few fashion changes.... I swear the only reason they really did no release it because Noctis had Emo Hair (Sasuke Hair), Red Eyes (Sharingan Like), and a SHort sleeved Jacked with a Zipper up to the neck (Yes Sasuke in the Avenger/ Hawk era).. That aside now I based the sprite of the new look and was just glad it can fit into FFT well the long shorts part not quite...

The rest are just updates of the things I have decided to work on.

Choto

Don't fret, spriting from scratch for me is terrible. As for a base, I'm not sure. i guess look at which vanilla sprites clothing, hair, etc. are most close to what you want in the end.

Hero of light looks good, albeit busy like Kage said. I like him though. Check the movement of his left shoulder and how it disconnects from the cape part, I think it should all move together. The right arm disappears quite abruptly, you could add just a tiny bit of it before it hits the turn around frame to make it more smooth.

Cool concepts though, keep flexing the creative muscle!

Kagebunji

Haha, Rin from Blue Exorcist! Liked that anime a lot. You could add some shape to his hair though, and make his flames move a little bit more.

Those Bravely Default characters are hot, perhaps go along with finishing one. Tiz seems like most friendly, pixel-wise.

Who's the guy next to Firion? With the crown on his head. And also the Samurai guy, don't think I recall him from anywhere.

The Chocbo's new helmet looks nice. I am not a fan of his wing armor, and the chest plate though, kinda looks like a big plate, nothing more. Some shaping might help. Are you using some Armored Chocobos reference?

Genesis is my favorite, pretty much :P

jimmyjw88

Overall, nice sprites! Chocobo helmet is okay but not the wing and chest. What Kage said.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Seushiro

Quote from: Choto on April 27, 2014, 08:38:37 pm
Check the movement of his left shoulder and how it disconnects from the cape part, I think it should all move together. The right arm disappears quite abruptly, you could add just a tiny bit of it before it hits the turn around frame to make it more smooth.

Thanks Choto I'm glad you spotted those. Will do your suggestions

Quote from: Kagebunji on April 28, 2014, 04:46:01 am
Who's the guy next to Firion? With the crown on his head. And also the Samurai guy, don't think I recall him from anywhere.

That is a Delita King concept I need him to be in his highest as Orinas will grow up and kill him as the Bastard/Fugitive turned Hero of the people. While for the Samurai he is Chiba from Rhapsody gave him FFT colors and will make him a Yojimbo that will slay a party for Gil.

Quote from: Kagebunji on April 28, 2014, 04:46:01 am
The Chocbo's new helmet looks nice. I am not a fan of his wing armor, and the chest plate though, kinda looks like a big plate, nothing more. Some shaping might help. Are you using some Armored Chocobos reference?

I pretty much followed what Twin said to look up medieval armor. All the Armored chocobos in google search are heavily covered and all of em lost their wings for a place to put the saddle... Poor Creatures :'(

Angel

Rinoa's chest looks too big. Otherwise, nice form.

(that was the only thing I could comment on that others haven't)
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Celdia

I love how the newer concepts for the Bravely Default characters came out. Only thing that comes to mind is that Edea's outfit and hair look way too stiff when she walks. I'd expect a little bit of motion in there somewhere.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

LastingDawn

I am always glad to see some love for Bravely Default, that was an incredible game and how fitting that Yoshida's characters would be turned into classic Sprite forms, hehe. Keep up the great work, I found Bravely Default to be a breath of fresh air from a company that has mostly stagnated.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

azavier

April 29, 2014, 02:40:51 pm #634 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:22:15 pm by Elric
do u still have the old rits u worked on a while back?

Quote from: Seushiro on April 15, 2014, 12:00:10 pm
Which Yuna are you looking forward to? The gunner or Summoner? If it is the Summoner that one is possible to do cause of colors (and the lame excuse since it has an existing portrait in the MegaRef by Lijj).

the summoner one yes ! i have been playin ff x/x2 and fell in love with summoner yuna again. im gonna use her in my patch and give her summoner and white mage skills .

EDIT: Merged posts -Elric

3lric

Dude, freakin edit button, that was barely 5 minutes apart

Grond

Nice work on these sprites :)

I tweaked your Rudvich sprite a bit, since I think I will use it in my mod. I'm not a spriting expert, so it won't be 100% perfect or anything, but I suppose it's "good enough" if no one else wants to work on it. I also reverted the eyes on the portrait to the original's, which you may not like, but you can change them back I suppose.

Seushiro

Nice go ahead :) As mentioned by Kage before.... you might want to make the inner collar black. I did it and it looks way better.

Finished up the Hero/ Warrior of Light and am currently working on Tiz right now and getting the Noctis Concept finalized (Damn shorts).

Also need more shadings done to on a new Judge concept.

Kagebunji

Daaaamn, where to start :P

New Judge is lookin real nice. Gold, blues and silver go along well. Only thing is that his chest is smaller than head once again, perhaps try fixing that. And that Chocobo? Real fucking nice, go for that one.

Tiz is great, just remember to add some grey on his shoes on the back frames, just like it is on forward frames.

For Noctis, move hjis head one pixel to the right on back frames. Other than that he's good.

Good work on Hero of Light! I fel he could use an quality update, but it's not that bad. And the sheet is done, so it will be easier to update it now. Just remember to paste the attack frames into the water ones.

Hah, you seem to watch anime just like I do. Alfonse could use a brighter armor, since this one is kinda dark. His chest and back also don't quite sit with me, but let's leave that for later.

Awesome work Seushiro, keep this up :D

Seushiro

May 03, 2014, 07:46:26 am #639 Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:35:52 pm by Seushiro
Quote from: Kagebunji on May 03, 2014, 05:45:15 am
Only thing is that his chest is smaller than head once again, perhaps try fixing that.

But but but I drew that over a Ramza head and took out the hair T__T. I will see what I can do but the Ramza Paladin does have a really small chest to begin with.

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 03, 2014, 05:45:15 am
1. Tiz is great, just remember to add some grey on his shoes on the back frames, just like it is on forward frames.

2. For Noctis, move hjis head one pixel to the right on back frames. Other than that he's good.

3. His chest and back also don't quite sit with me, but let's leave that for later

Noted and thanks for pointing the Pixel move on Noctis... Finally took a look at Alfonse after what you said and the metallic boobs are what I see like you said :'(

EDIT: Fixed Hero of light water animations since I forgot. Also a Concept stage for Garland... Below the belt and Cape needs lots of work