• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:00:29 pm

Help with FFTPatcher etc.

Started by steagle11, July 09, 2017, 07:30:58 pm

steagle11

Hi Im trying to edit the dark knights sanguine sword ability to scale the same way gafgarions shadowblade does. Every time i patch it from fftpatcher though it deletes the save file with it. Ive made backups in case of this but I wanted to see if anyoen knew how i could patch my current file without it being deleted.
  • Modding version: WotL

Nyzer

You shouldn't need to do anything special to allow that to happen, which means you've got something broken along the way. I'd suggest reacquiring a clean copy of your ISO and making sure to download the newest version of the Patcher.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

steagle11

do you have any suggestions for somewhere to get a clean copy?

steagle11

Or am I just not using the fftpatcher properly? I just patch the ISO from the fftpatcher program. Then when i boot it up on ppsspp it only lets me start a new game.

Lionheart537

It seems you're playing the psp version. Make sure to use the correct psp instead of psx options in fftpatcher. All you should need to do is change Sanguine sword's damage formula to the one used by Night Sword. To obtain a clean ISO you can get it from your own personal psp and fft wotl game or Google it.
  • Modding version: PSX
It's not much yet but check out my spriting thread!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11772.0
Here's a look at my vanilla mod thread, progressing one step at a time!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11785.0

steagle11

Quote from: Lionheart537 on July 10, 2017, 12:54:46 am
It seems you're playing the psp version. Make sure to use the correct psp instead of psx options in fftpatcher. All you should need to do is change Sanguine sword's damage formula to the one used by Night Sword. To obtain a clean ISO you can get it from your own personal psp and fft wotl game or Google it.

yea, I used psp options so I know thats not it. It only happens after I patch the iso from the FFT patcher. So im kinda stumped here.

Lionheart537

Hmm i play the psx version but I've never had issues of losing save data, from the memory card or save states. Ppsspp works well to my knowledge but maybe you have a bad emulator or iso. Maybe try redownloading them and the newest Fftpatcher v.492?
  • Modding version: PSX
It's not much yet but check out my spriting thread!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11772.0
Here's a look at my vanilla mod thread, progressing one step at a time!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11785.0

steagle11

I have redownloaded them, Im not really sure where else to get an ISO either. Most sites are fishy etc. I dunno i may just be stuck.

Nyzer

The only thing I found, looking over a few pages of search results, was that one of the previous people with your question asked this:

QuoteDoes the european version have anything to do with it?

I suggested experimenting with a North American ISO (which is the type I use), and they never returned to the forums after that. So what region are you using? Given that there's not a lot of support for any FFT version other than PSX, it's dimly possible the Patcher auto-corrects regions to NA or something equally weird.

Also, most sites aren't "fishy". The top Google results for downloading games are usually the most trustworthy. If you're downloading ISOs off small sites with suspicious descriptions/tags, you might have an issue, but big rom sites usually keep themselves clean.

steagle11

Im using the US version, I just really liked what they added to the wotl version so ive always played that one when possible. I dont know what else to try lol.

steagle11

Whelp after trial and error I fixed it. So what was killing it was it was decrypting the Eboot.bin file upon patching. For whatever reason that was making it unable to load previous save files. So if anyone happens to use fftpatcher uncheck that box lol

Nyzer

Useful to know.

Can you add the words "save file" to the topic name and mark it as Solved? That'll help others find it with a search if they ever encounter the same issue in the future.