• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Checking in

Started by endrift, February 12, 2012, 07:08:55 pm

endrift

Hello! I've been active in the IRC channel for a few weeks now, but I hadn't gotten around to making a forum account until just now.

A few years ago, I decided to see if I could do ROM hacking on a game that hadn't been hacked before, and if so, how far I could get. As such, I'm the first person to make any real progress at hacking FFTA. I haven't looked at it in a while, but I basically wrote the Data Crystal articles on FFTA. Darthatron seems to have picked up where I left off.

More recently, I got the bright idea in my head that I might have enough expertise to take a hammer disassembler to FFT: War of the Lions and see if I could flatten out any of those sound sync or slowdown issues. As of yet, I've not done anything other than reverse engineer bits and pieces of the graphics engine. I'll be posting a thread soon on my progress.

So how are things going on this message board? I read the rules, anything else I should know?

And before you ask, I've had this username for more than 5 years and I am not affiliated in any way with someone who might have a similar username.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Welcome to FFH where all your dreams come true!

We're in need of both more FFTA and WotL modders... so your help is more than appreciated. ^_^
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Pretty much what Et said
Welcome!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Celdia

You read the rules? Then you're already a fair distance ahead of most of the others around here. :P Welcome to the circus!
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0