• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:32:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

One more time

Started by Celdia, February 12, 2011, 10:12:33 am

Celdia

We're doing these again? Alright, count me in. Again.

I don't much remember first coming here so I went spelunking in the archives for my original welcome post. Seems I was all starry-eyed and caught in a sense of wonder with 1.3 of all things. I also then had the realization that I was actually awful at FFT. From what I can tell I still am awful at playing the game but I've gotten much better at patching the game. My sense of wonder was replaced by my normal jaded outlook and I went from the boards latest newbie to the matron bitch of IRC.

I'm a night owl less by choice than necessity in my old age and I've been playing FF games since before most of you were born. I believe there's nothing better than a retro game and FFT comes at the very end of the golden age of gaming in my eyes. Then again, maybe I'm just too old for these newfangled gadgets and gizmos that you kids are playing nowadays.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Wiz

lol raven, you need to confirm it a females identity in some sort of fashion like that :P

But hey there nocturnal one, hope we can be friends :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on February 14, 2011, 04:44:06 am
You know the perfect first question to ask any woman, Pickle.  I guess it's better than "Boobs please?", but still.

Heyo Celdie.

I'm 25, and I share Celdia's beliefs; RE: Golden Age of Gaming.  I'm just trying to figure out if this is the JRPG cliche of 19 year old fogies, or if she's actually my age.

So many of the forumers here are just... precious.  Adorable.

Vanya

Ha! You kids make me sound ancient! To me a good retro game has no more that 7 colors per sprite!
FFT? I remember playing Final Fantasy on my NES in the mythical age of 1990. =P
Welcome again Celdia!
¯\(°_0)/¯

Celdia

Well I remember playing it back in '88, so ha!

And I've got at least half a decade on you, PGF.

Kill_Bones

I STILL have my NES, with over 100 games (first mario bros, super MB 1-3, metroid, first two legend of zeldas, AND first FF all intact)and I'm only 21. So don't feel so old guys =P.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Celdia

You're a rare breed in today's day, Kill_Bones. Wish there were more like you.

Vanya

I ditched the hardware long ago in favor of emulation.
I'm such a pirate! =P
¯\(°_0)/¯

Celdia

While I'm all in favor of emulation and piracy of that type, there is just such nostalgia about the old hardware.

I never use it for anything, but I'd never give up my original FF1 cart that I keep stored away in a drawer by my bed. ^_^

Vanya

Well, I lied a little. I still have parts of my original NES 'cause some day I'm gonna turn it into a mini PC specifically for emulation of classic games.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dome

Quote from: Vanya on February 24, 2011, 12:35:16 pm
Well, I lied a little. I still have parts of my original NES 'cause some day I'm gonna turn it into a mini PC specifically for emulation of classic games.

You can truly do it?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Vanya

February 24, 2011, 03:32:09 pm #14 Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:34:36 pm by Vanya
There are components small enough to fit inside a gutted NES, yes.
The hard part is mounting everything securely.
Here:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-Nintendo-NES-PC/

Although at this point I think I'd ditch the disc drive for a bunch of USB ports instead.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kill_Bones

February 24, 2011, 03:44:52 pm #15 Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:45:25 pm by Kill_Bones
Good luck in your effort Vanya! And thank's Celdia, I wish there were more of me too ^_^.
PS. Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

RavenOfRazgriz

I have two frontloading NES, a toploading NES, 3 controllers (one rounded and two block ones), and a huge pile of NES cartridges with no intention to ever toss them.

Am I a cool kid too?

Kill_Bones

Nah, having them doesn't makes us cool....

It makes us sexy! 20x better =P.

-Abraham Lincoln

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

My first game consoles where an Atari 2600 and an Intellivision. Who here could even pick those out from a line up?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28second_generation%29

Of course they were both built before I was born, bought very used, and I got a Sega Genesis 2 years later, but I think I have made my point. Oh and I still have both of them with all their games and the Intellivision is actually worth a fair bit.

Current Projects: