• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:27:02 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Does anyone know how many sprites are allowed on maps

Started by Mrfuzzy, July 25, 2018, 09:41:24 pm

Mrfuzzy

I know every map is different but I was just wanting to know what's the general amount the game allows or if its specifically based on the map.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Every map isn't different. It's just that random battles assume the player brings 5 different sprites, and thus are always limited to 4, while story events will swap sprites out or limit the party accordingly, so they're more flexible.

The sprite limit in PSX is 9.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mrfuzzy

Okay so what if during story battles I add like 2 or 3 additional sprites
Will the game crash??

Xifanie

No, but the extra units/sprites will look very weird, like this:
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nyzer

If you're changing enemy sprites, you're best off just using multiple enemies of the same job with different equipped skills, and then changing their palettes if you still want them to look different.

If you're adding allies, you can reduce the party size accordingly. You can also make them share jobs with some of the enemies, too.

Mrfuzzy

Thanks yeah I was messing with it
I closed the laptop and opened it back up
I was messing with some stuff but right before I closed the laptop I had opened a fresh new patch,
Anyways I forgot that I had done that and I accidentally saved a fresh patch over the one I've been working on for the past 4 days
I want to yell at the top of my lungs and die

Nyzer

Well, you can pull the patch from whatever ISO you've been testing it on, too. As long as you haven't saved over it yet.