• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:43:20 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Issue switching sprite in WotL

Started by Alxander, February 01, 2019, 09:08:01 am

Alxander

I am doing a simple sprite switch of Arithmetician to Onion Knight but have run into an issue. 
I followed the sticky instructions and have be able to switch the battle sprite out with ShiShi easy enough but when I load the ISO in FFTPatcher and then extract the FFTPack.Bin the files all have 0-k next to them and it will not let me open the Unit.Bin in FFTEVGRP.

Am I missing a step or could my FFTPatcher be out of date?

zosokun

i am having the similar issue. i extract via FFTPatcher v0.492. In FFTEVGRP when i go to load unit.bin file i get the error "File size incorrect".

any help please.

**update

I was able to extract the unit file using the guide here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7392.msg149595#msg149595
  • Modding version: WotL

Nyzer

Shishi might be able to access those images directly these days. I know it can in the PSX version, at least.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

zosokun

i got it to work. on roster and jobs. the custom sprites show nicely...however, they revert back to original in battle. i thought i did it right.

Nyzer

The battle sprites are Shishi for sure. Are you replacing one of the jobs that has duplicate battle sprites? Because you may have chosen the wrong one.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

zosokun

Ohh, i see. Yes. The ninja and the thief jobs. But when i look at all the jobs in Shishi, they look to be the updated ones. I was able to change them. I thought i changed them before I unpacked the ttfpack bin file. but i was able to do it after the fact.

Thanks alot!

Another question, any change to be able to add Wizard/Black Mage Woman sprite? When i use the from hacktics, it says the bmp is too large...its like that for a few sprites, cloud and a couple others.

Sorry to thread steal...

Xifanie

Unfortunately there is no way at this time to move & expand files for WotL. The spritesheets have their bottom half compressed with a specific algorithm that results in a smaller filesize, but in your case, that filesize is still too big for the sprite you want to use compared to the sprite you want to import over.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful