• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:32:00 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 1 ☢ ☢ ☢ (FINISHED!)

Started by Gaignun, May 01, 2012, 03:48:46 am

mucus

4 Scholars?!  oh well...they couldn't dish out the pain. . . :(

Nice match!   Good going avalanche!

Yeah...FDC's team barely seemed to notice the frisky dingo's team . . .
I am scared of FDC's team

ct5 is another scary team >_<

Dynablade

The white mage and scholar had good timing, the holy and Tornado hit back to back constantly, which made sure people died once they were targeted. A couple clutch Climhazzards put this away quickly. Does the AI not think about Projectile Guard when doing an attack with a long range weapon? Wondering why he kept going after the ninja constantly. Though I couldn't hear you, it was cool since I love Ken's theme.

Love love love mime teams, and that's just pregame.
BUT WAIT. Isn't Besrodio's House not supposed to have that gigantic thing in the middle anymore? Aren't we on the new new patch where weather effects are gone from some stages and that big globe thing isn't in this one?
But I like the mime team, using Quickening, Masa/Mura and Mad Science to great effect.

Fantactic1316

May 14, 2012, 08:32:06 pm #162 Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:50:20 pm by Fantactic1316
Would it be petty of me to complain about the giant globe?

Echo, stop shooting the enemy and go on rez duty you stupid fucking Priest! Fuck!

And Victor, why the fuck are you going for 30% attacks instead of 57% Breaks? Useless fuck.

*almost kills Mime*
*Move-HP Up*
*Regen*
*double Murasame*
ME: Fuuuuck. -.-

*double Quake*
ME: Oh, fuck.

*Raise 2 misses*
ME: FUCK!

Charm, Charm, and more Charm.
ME: Fuck. Fuck! FUCK!

*deep breath*
*sigh*

Ah well. Shitty team is shitty. I'll make a better one by the time we reach Season Two. :mrgreen:
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

Dynablade

Xeno's team is cool, hard anti sand bag and chip damage with Iron Boots Lore. Like Dol said, a couple magic rings and black costumes slow this team down dramatically.

So much power, that's amazing. Plus it's almost like Celdia WANTS the ninjas to fall on their first turn, as the next phoenix down from the chemist throws the enemy ai to attack the critical ninja, who is then raise2'd by the time mage. Then both ninjas have their turns and are at full power. That's the beginning of the end.

Xeno

GG Pierce, black costume :(
Everyone is king, When there is no one left to pawn.(Vagrant Story=God Mode)

Celdia

A lucky gunshot crit in Round 1 sealed that up for me and the 53% Charm missing in Round 2 allowed me to make a repeat performance. Admittedly I didn't know quite what to expect in what I think is the closest thing to a mirror match I've seen yet, but I'm still happy with my team's performance. I was expecting a lot more hurt to come out of that Lancer. GG, skiploom.

@Dynablade: I wish I had that kind of foresight but it does seem to be an effective distraction to the AI so far. Just hoping my luck holds out for another round. I already know if it does that I won't be passing R4 though.

I don't know what units on Xeno's team worry me the most for the next round, but that Scholar is either going to ruin my shit or win me the match by triggering Critical Quick on my Ninjas. Time will tell.

Also, because I like running gags.... *points dramatically at Xeno* You're next!
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Xeno

I got to admit my matches have had me worried, since i'm new to all this and inexperienced in team building, that i didn't expect to make it this far in the arena. Misfits is my first team so far and it's been going strong oddly enough and even if i lose this next round (Which of course i hope doesn't happen)it's been an extremely fun experience, I have learned a lot so far and will continue to do so. Good Luck CELDIA

*points dramatically at self* DON'T BE A COWARD, RETALIATE!!! :twisted: Self: I don't wanna!!! :cry:
Everyone is king, When there is no one left to pawn.(Vagrant Story=God Mode)

skiploom188

May 15, 2012, 01:39:03 am #168 Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:53:39 am by skiploom188
Ow.
Okay, this reaction is way too short . Lemme make a video response about the result of this battle. Gimme some time.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

skiploom188

Quote from: Celdia on May 14, 2012, 11:45:34 pm

Also, because I like running gags.... *points dramatically at Xeno* You're next!

Hehe, prepare yourself Xeno. Because I just lost to Celdia today.
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

RavenOfRazgriz

Avalanche, you're not running the Arena AI Tournament patch, but the standard 1.37b patch.  I don't think it actually affected the outcome of any of those matches, but you need to talk to Barren or someone and get the correct patch before commencing more matches.

Barren

Pretty tough for pierce considering that Thuder Flare keeps going off and the bard eventually got ganged up on. Ahh well, he has a shot in hell just like me

Everything in Rounds 1 & 2 played into her hands pretty much. Ninja dies twice, gets resurrected twice then gets to kill twice more :D Go Celdia!

Good match between these two, just too many breaks and status effects came into play. Kagebunji just earned himself a ticket to the doom train!

Projectile Guard makes ninja good bait apparently but only in situations like this. But hey its a good distraction nonetheless. Once charm hit in round 2 that was all she wrote

Once that raise 2 missed the lancer the first time, it was Ryason's match all the way. I do think it's also because between the two Ryason just had the better overall team with the mime helping the team in every way
You dare cross blades with me?

Angelus

Late response on my part but
got to say that my change for my chemist certainly done more good than harm for me. hopefully my team continues to win the way it does. GG FFM! I had fun fighting ya mate

My match with squidgy, hopefully the same luck will occur for me in this one. I fear for death procs from odin

DomieV

Ahh my team didn't even get a chance to show what it can do :( I guess that's the way the ball bounces. Hopefully my luck will change when i face dynablade. Good luck to you man and good luck to Shadowstrike, he might surprise us all

skiploom188

May 15, 2012, 11:09:35 am #175 Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:07:15 pm by skiploom188
Video response as promised...

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS

dacheat

Is it just me, or can anyone else hear somebody playing guitar hero in the background of the first song on the ffmaster v. lordbobbree match?

Quote from: skiploom188 on May 15, 2012, 11:09:35 am

Bwahahahaha that was great.

CT5Holy

So much free damage from that Mime R2. And the move HP UP + regen into double murasame was really cool. Go mimes!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Eternal

The poor little Skiploom... DOWN WITH CELDIA!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

mucus

Quote from: skiploom188 on May 15, 2012, 11:09:35 am

this is freaking awesome... I might wanna hire you to make a bid when (haaahahahah more like IF) I lose.