• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

CCP needs you! Finath River Battle

Started by Celdia, September 07, 2011, 09:55:16 pm

Celdia

So this is one I promised myself I was going to change the story battle at Finath River to be something interesting/fun but I haven't thought up anything myself to put there yet. So I figured I could make it something you want to see in the patch. Give me your ideas here, as rough or as detailed as you like. I only ask that you don't go way overboard with the scale of the battle - since this isn't a DD fight I probably won't consider anything too over the top unless it really appeals to me.

If there enough suggestions I might just put up a poll to let everyone vote for their favorite idea. No limit on suggestions, so feel free to post anything you can think of.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

11 Shirtless Butlers with Vanilla Monk secondary and innate Martial Arts training in the river spot Ramza's brigade and demand to spar against them.  All 11 Combat Butlers are obviously Immortal Flagged because Ramza's not trying to kill them, though they're a bit... battle crazed and go overboard.

The leader should have Darkness Finger as a high-base-rate but evadable auto-Dead move.

Celdia

o_o

Dare I ask what inspired that? Also, would need a special sprite for them to be shirtless.

The Damned

(I don't why I keep thinking that Finath River is before Bervenia.)

*has an idea that involves both monsters and humans, but he can't suggest that since otherwise he can't use it for Embargo*

So you too want your Finath River battle to something more substantial to the story? Or are you just tired of getting Choco Meteor'd in the face for massive damage? Or do you merely want something different than vanilla in general (given your class overhaul)?

I know you said that any idea is welcome, but I figure you're probably leaning towards something as it is, so asking can't hurt (probably). Besides, off the top of my head, I know nothing about any your monsters in these patches and I have to double check other things, so it's going to be a while before I suggest anything (super) detailed, especially since I've yet to play your patch.

That said, I could make the rather obvious suggestion of having it be something of a continuation of the Meliadoul battle with whatever units that she had there with some back-up since Meliadoul herself is the only (true) target in that battle. You could add in some female Archer/Nomads with Longbow to take advantage of the height--after changing the party's starting coordinates to be down where the monsters used to be--and terrain advantage and, voila, easy change that still makes "sense" to the story.

But if you don't care about making "sense" and still want it to be something of a "this doesn't really matter to the story" battle, then that frees up a lot more ideas as acceptable. So, yeah, I'm guessing you're probably leaning towards that, especially given the above; I just want to be sure.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Celdia on September 07, 2011, 10:24:47 pm
o_o

Dare I ask what inspired that? Also, would need a special sprite for them to be shirtless.

1. Finath River has a sortof waterfall.

2. This.

Would also work for the Zirekile Falls story battle, but you'd need to reduce the number of Shirtless Butlers probably, and I like being able to homage like 4 things at once by using 11 and referencing the 11 Monks of Grog Hill.

Celdia

@TheDamned: Fighting a flock of chocobos is boring. That's pretty much it for the why behind the change so you've got the right of it with "this battle doesn't matter to the story". That said, I'm not opposed to suggestions like continuing the Meliadoul conflict. Adding some story is never a bad thing and with the new Event Editor it should be easier than ever.

@Raven: On #2 - You're one twisted fuck. Also there are still 11 Brawlers at Grog Hill. Its an amusing battle in CCP.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Celdia on September 07, 2011, 11:00:43 pm@Raven: On #2 - You're one twisted fuck. Also there are still 11 Brawlers at Grog Hill. Its an amusing battle in CCP.

Yes I am, and I don't care.  If you really do, make it be 8 shirtless Butlers lead by Majordomo Asia and his Darkness Finger supported by 3 Homemakers cleaning their shirts in the river because they got them dirty sparring before tea time.

MogGuy

I know this is hasn't been posted in for a while, but I had a thought. Maybe you could put in a group of Loremasters each with a different Tome and a couple of Tacticians.

It would be kinda a gimmicky battle but it could be interesting.