• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:45:54 am

Custom job help

Started by Anadhi, December 30, 2014, 07:45:33 pm

Anadhi

hello, I'm on learning curve to use ffHacktics programs. my goal is to make a custom character 'aeris' with job 'ancient', and job skill 'ancient magic'.

I notice that some of the jobs are dummied out, so I can use it for this custom job and character. but is it safe to use any of these dummied jobs for custom jobs? also, how do I make sure I don't miss anything when editing the texts (job description etc) in fftac text?

3lric

Most of the blank jobs should be safe to use yes. Just make sure to change the same entry in Tactext.
  • Modding version: PSX

Anadhi

ok, here are the changes I made in quick edit (using ASDF as a placeholder to check whether changes work or not) :

job decription: I use slot 57 (o
job names: 57
skillset: 77
skilset desc: 77
job requirement: 77

but somehow I got this message, boot.bin 29e334 failed or something. did I miss something? which parts I do need to edit in the this program actually?

3lric

Oh, i didnt realize you were modding WotL..

You need a specific version of Tactext for that. Check the Final Fantasy Hacktics Wiki for the version you need.

Anadhi

will it be easier for PSX version? I have been spending the last two hours to replace Lede's unused sprite (in PSX) to Aeris sprites, when I thought I was successful, the character was "dead" when entered battle T_T, not to mention, I couldn't change her unit.bin and wldface portrait as well.

oh man, this hacking stuffs is really complicated.

actually, is there anyone who can give me sample how you made your own custom job?

3lric

Most tools and ASMs etc are made for the PSX version, not the PSP version, so yes, it's much easier.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9210.0

Relevant links here ^^

You can do the UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN very easily if you follow Celdia's tutorial exactly. If it doesn't work, it means you missed a step.

Yes, this stuff can be complicated, but don't get discouraged. This is all actually the easy stuff, it only get's harder from here, but with practice comes perfection.

Anadhi

ok, thank you for the link. I will bump this thread again in time.