• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

A few minor bugs in FFTPatcher v0.328

Started by Laggy, December 01, 2008, 09:08:27 pm

Laggy

December 01, 2008, 09:08:27 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Laggy
As a disclaimer, I'm using the version of FFTPatcher as noted in the thread title. If that isn't the latest release and I need to be hit with a stick, apologies in advance >_>

1. Inflict Statuses entry 25 (All or nothing, Add: Protect, Shell). Used by Wall and Kiyomori (possibly others, but these two are the ones I know of). I tweaked this entry around at some point, and then I went back to revert it back to the default settings and... the patch wouldn't register it. Ever. If I put any sort of setting that ISN'T the default on entry 25, the patch will work fine and the new changes will kick in. However, trying to set it back to just plain Protect/Shell will cause no changes at all (the patched ISO will use whatever entry 25 had before). It can of course be worked around by grabbing one of the unused entries in the table and making it Protect/Shell, but that's one less entry for later use.

2. Magic Break. According to the formula, X controls the MP damage dealt and Y controls the hit rate. However, this is not actually how it functions. X is meaningless, and Y controls both MP damage dealt AND hit rate (so a value of 100 would make it deal 100% mMP damage and with a base hit rate of 100%).

3. Shop availability for items. I'm guessing there's some master table around not editable in FFTPatcher that controls the shop list, because adding items that are normally <Blank> on Shop Availability does nothing (noticed when I tried to make the Ultimus Bow buyable). Oddly enough, for items that were already purchasable in the first place, changing their availability slots works just fine. It's just new items added to the shop list don't seem to show up. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong somehow?