• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP - Battle Logs

Started by Wiz, June 24, 2011, 02:50:07 pm

Davzz

Current Team after propositions
Ramza: Ironically Least Valuable Personnel because I'm too lazy to grind skills for him.
Mageknight/Gunspinning (Filler secondary)
Dragoon/Gunspinning/Bag of Holding
Vanquisher/Housekeeping
Vanquisher/Imbue

Orbonne 1: Oops, Hydro Storm doesn't maintain friendly fire. Restart!

Bunch of enemies generated Angelic Kites which absorbs Hydro Storm. Mage Knight really wrecks though, 300+ damage with Cursed Cleave on good compat.

Got a bit dicey in the end because my only revival got nuked so I had to finish the battle fast.

Orbonne 2: Izlude helped in me assassinating him by using Dragon Form and taking enough recoil to chip off 1/3 of his health, how nice. I think my Mage Knight had Bad Comp sadly, but one of my Vanquishers had good Comp and chipped off the last of his health with a Dagger.

Orbonne 3: Vanquisher/Vanquisher/Mage Knight/Dragoon with Wiegraf starting in range = dead Wiegraf.

Grog Hill: Chemist had Running Shoes, should have stole it. Petrified 2 guys with Ramza's Bane by complete accident from standing around when AOEs are flying. Didn't take long to follow up after that.

Yardow Fort City: My Hydra Storm V outspeeded the entire enemy team, so I walked forward and dumped one of half of their team before they could react taking out Malak and another.

Tense moment - Enemy V immediately returned the favor by using Thousand Blades on Rafa, sending her into Critical immediately - managed to block off the gate and pull her back but I imagine with some variance in equipment rolls that might have just ended the battle right there.

More accidental Bane petrifies, which is really funny.

Reks

Quote from: Davzz on April 15, 2016, 02:14:38 am
Current Team after propositions
Ramza: Ironically Least Valuable Personnel because I'm too lazy to grind skills for him.
Mageknight/Gunspinning (Filler secondary)
Dragoon/Gunspinning/Bag of Holding
Vanquisher/Housekeeping
Vanquisher/Imbue

Orbonne 1: Oops, Hydro Storm doesn't maintain friendly fire. Restart!

Bunch of enemies generated Angelic Kites which absorbs Hydro Storm. Mage Knight really wrecks though, 300+ damage with Cursed Cleave on good compat.

Got a bit dicey in the end because my only revival got nuked so I had to finish the battle fast.

Orbonne 2: Izlude helped in me assassinating him by using Dragon Form and taking enough recoil to chip off 1/3 of his health, how nice. I think my Mage Knight had Bad Comp sadly, but one of my Vanquishers had good Comp and chipped off the last of his health with a Dagger.

Orbonne 3: Vanquisher/Vanquisher/Mage Knight/Dragoon with Wiegraf starting in range = dead Wiegraf.

Grog Hill: Chemist had Running Shoes, should have stole it. Petrified 2 guys with Ramza's Bane by complete accident from standing around when AOEs are flying. Didn't take long to follow up after that.

Yardow Fort City: My Hydra Storm V outspeeded the entire enemy team, so I walked forward and dumped one of half of their team before they could react taking out Malak and another.

Tense moment - Enemy V immediately returned the favor by using Thousand Blades on Rafa, sending her into Critical immediately - managed to block off the gate and pull her back but I imagine with some variance in equipment rolls that might have just ended the battle right there.

More accidental Bane petrifies, which is really funny.

Oh, and do remember that Cursed Cleave, and Curse itself, acts as a super-powered Oil

It makes you weak to EVERY element, even if you absorbed it.

Too bad you didn't take Weigraf's Vorpal Blade, though. It's one of a kind.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Celdia

These summaries are wonderful to read. :D

I'll have to take a look at Alma @ Zalmo 1. Dunno what happened to her MBarrier skill that it's blasting shit instead of protecting. Also interesting that Ramza is your liability in the party instead of a leading damage-dealer. It doesn't take too much work to make him fairly powerful going into the midgame.

So... liked Inside Lionel, did you? :P
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Reks

Allergies murdered me forever, but I'm gonna record later tonight and just do an hour or so long video.

Reks

Part 32: Everyone has Hops

Argy

Great to see you are recording again. I havent seen the video yet, but i would love some Green Mage and Vanquisher action!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Reks

Quote from: Argy on April 18, 2016, 09:15:20 am
Great to see you are recording again. I havent seen the video yet, but i would love some Green Mage and Vanquisher action!

Green Mages are definitely getting love this time around :P

I can easily make Ramza a Vanquisher, which is honestly thematically appropriate for him.

Celdia

Quote from: Reks on April 18, 2016, 09:20:37 am
I can easily make Ramza a Vanquisher, which is honestly thematically appropriate for him.

Thematically appropriate? I suppose if we're talking about him killing Zalera... :P

Reks

April 18, 2016, 02:16:19 pm #188 Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:52:09 pm by Reks
Quote from: Celdia on April 18, 2016, 12:25:46 pm
Thematically appropriate? I suppose if we're talking about him killing Zalera... :P

Well Ramza does Vanquish all of the Zodiac 'fiends'... :P

Belmonts aren't exclusively vampire killers~

Also next video.

Part 33: Ganged on Gaffy

Edited cause I did a dumb

Davzz

Quote from: Celdia on April 16, 2016, 06:14:38 pm
Also interesting that Ramza is your liability in the party instead of a leading damage-dealer. It doesn't take too much work to make him fairly powerful going into the midgame.

I got a habit of leaving Ramza in classes that work for the current moment and not plan for the future - Ramza has like a whole bunch of levels in classes I actually don't need a lot of JP in because I was just using them as a carrier.

QuoteSo... liked Inside Lionel, did you? :P

It was unique, to say the least.

Reks

Part 34: The Book Thief

KingUrameshi

I just started this today and I have to say it is a very interesting mod. The classes are all very good so far and I can see some combinations for later use. I have only just beaten Dorter and my favorite thing is how I have not needed to grind at all to make it through the story fights unlike in vanilla where I would have to level a bit to make it through Dorter.

The balance is very fair and I love what you did by referencing other games (FF6, Fire Emblem & Castlevania). The thing that made me give this a try was the Hawkman class that I am eager to unlock and the rods gave me a surprise and are very unique. Very good mod so far as I continue to play. Thank you for all the hard work.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Reks

Davzz

Yugioh Woods: An undead heavy fight with 2 Vanquishers on my team. You make the call!

The particular mechanics of Ghostly enemies elude me though - as far as I can tell, you want to hit them plentiful of times instead of going for 1 or 2 big hits because of how their damage reduction works... maybe.

Gates of Riovanes: Every time I play this level, I take off Rafa's equipment and get her killed ASAP to get rid of Malak. That's a free Pro-Tip from me.

The enemies have this tendency to fly to the top of the castle and stay there, which would probably be a wise tactical move if any of them were packing Bows instead of Spears. That's random equipment generation for you I guess. So I just kind of picked off the stragglers at the bottom and then worked my way up.

One of the enemy MK crystallized which gave my Ramza almost the entire skillset - guess he's now a Mage Knight.

Inside Riovanes Castle: Wiggy might be a bit too tough to do "legit" - without any mitigation, he takes off like 200 damage per hit and has Auto-Haste. After juggling my equipment, he does 133 (apparently Swordskills are reduced by Magic Defense here) which I still couldn't quite outdamage before dying - though I admit having a good Reaction would have really helped since Bane does absolutely jack squad here. I could probably do it with Auto-Potion or HP Restore but I didn't have the 400/500 JP needed.

Beat him by remembering the "Absorb Holy" trick to shut off his Swordskills. It can't be helped.

In contrast, Velius was kind of a pushover - Hydro Storm wiped his support demons and as far as I can tell, he only seems to be able to kill 1 unit at a time (500 damage punches are lolz though) so as long as you have 2 Item users and enough Phoenix Downs, you'll win.

Roof of Riovanes: No matter how I tried, I couldn't get Elmdore to go for my naked Ramza bait - he usually just ran up to Rafa and one-shot her, ending the mission right there. I guess I could have redone everyone set-up to have 10 Speed and tried to bumrush one before they even get a turn but I'm not quite sure it can be done with what I had learned.

Eventually I reloaded enough times until Rafa successfully blocked and then it was a pretty huge rush to drop him. Might wanna tune their equipment a bit such that Rafa takes 2 hits to go down instead of 1.

Chapter 3 finished! Time for chapter 4!

I see Ramza actually changed some of his skills, that's kind of interesting.

Rafa and Malak joined with equipment they couldn't actually equip apparently - it gets deposited in your inventory after they join up.

Celdia

Quote from: KingUrameshi on April 21, 2016, 11:09:10 pm
I just started this today and I have to say it is a very interesting mod. The classes are all very good so far and I can see some combinations for later use. I have only just beaten Dorter and my favorite thing is how I have not needed to grind at all to make it through the story fights unlike in vanilla where I would have to level a bit to make it through Dorter.

The balance is very fair and I love what you did by referencing other games (FF6, Fire Emblem & Castlevania). The thing that made me give this a try was the Hawkman class that I am eager to unlock and the rods gave me a surprise and are very unique. Very good mod so far as I continue to play. Thank you for all the hard work.

Thank you for the kind words. I hope the patch - though incomplete - continues to entertain. :)

Quote from: Davzz on April 24, 2016, 08:40:01 am
I see Ramza actually changed some of his skills, that's kind of interesting.

Rafa and Malak joined with equipment they couldn't actually equip apparently - it gets deposited in your inventory after they join up.

Ramza's skills change from Ch1 to Ch2 and then again from Ch3 to Ch4. If you didn't buy them early, they cost more later on. So its like free upgrades to early purchases.

As for the Wondertwins, I'll have to doublecheck their equipment access. Never know if it was just an oversight or something I'd planned to give them and forgot to set properly.

Reks

Reks

Part 37: Innocent in Death

Argy

Longest 3 months of my life!!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

azavier

when is the next update finishing the game going to be ? im loving it so far just go to chapter 4 and not sure how much battles i have left but scared thinking about it! i love my blue mage home maker and chaos chaman

snovlo